89 RCLB K1500 - Quality time with my son building his first truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
It should have a stepped knurl like this.

Not sure of the part # but I think those are what I got from the Chevy store for Rawhide's starter last month. They have the stepped knurling, to locate the starter properly in the block. And 3/8" threads, and a 9/16" hex IIRC.
Though on some of the GM starter bolts, a 14mm socket works as well. That's what I used on Burb last time I replaced his starter.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday morning we went over to a friends shop and let my son try his hand at tig welding. He did really good and had a ton of fun.

Then we welded up has traction bars.

You must be registered for see images attach

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then we got back to work, to finish dismantling the truck. Now it’s time to start rebuilding and cleaning/painting a bunch of stuff.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Saturday morning we went over to a friends shop and let my son try his hand at tig welding. He did really good and had a ton of fun.

Then we welded up has traction bars.

TIG welding really is a lot of fun, just have to get it dialed in then you can make the most awesome welds with just a little bit of practice. Those are nice welds.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, good! I've seen too many people reduce their trucks to a cab on frame just to simply spray bomb the frame. You're making great progress! At this rate you'll finish your truck before I finish mine.
Laredo let’s face it, 99% of us will never have the finish on our frames like yours.