89 Cheyenne aka Sour Girl

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Looks great DeWayne! Would be so kind and post some more pics of the bracing under the new bed floor, I have an idea of what I want to do but would like to see yours.

which areas? the only mods done to the bottom side are the 3 braces over each wheel well and then the bedside braces are half-inch round stock. i took a few pics of certain areas before the black paint and POR go on because it's difficult to take good pics when everything is blacked out. i'll grab a pic of the spacers in just a sec.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Jeff, 4 of these... the stock bolts were welded to the inside of the flat stock, then welded to the square stock... same for the new bottom bolts. i'll use anti-seize on all the bolt threads.

You must be registered for see images attach

i'll be using washers on the bottom bolts.. he made the new spacers an 1/8th of an inch short on purpose... so i could use washers or shims to get the bodylines to match back up between the bed and the truck.

jmig

Can't leave it stock
Reaction score
Jeff, 4 of these... the stock bolts were welded to the inside of the flat stock, then welded to the square stock... same for the new bottom bolts. i'll use anti-seize on all the bolt threads.

i'll be using washers on the bottom bolts.. he made the new spacers an 1/8th of an inch short on purpose... so i could use washers or shims to get the bodylines to match back up between the bed and the truck.

Thanks! I'm debating if I just want to leave the stock floor in and weld up the floor above it with some bracing. We'll see, I finished the pass. side front fender and skin today and got the driver side skin cut. As soon as I'm done with the drivers side the bed floor is next.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
Thanks! I'm debating if I just want to leave the stock floor in and weld up the floor above it with some bracing. We'll see, I finished the pass. side front fender and skin today and got the driver side skin cut. As soon as I'm done with the drivers side the bed floor is next.

from what i've seen and have run into... i think leaving the stock floor and building a false floor MIGHT be the way to go.. we set my bed back on just minutes ago and i'm off a quarter of an inch getting it aligned perfectly in terms of left to right. to me a quarter of an inch might was well be 2 feet. hehe i'm gonna post some pics of the bottom side since we had it on a lift earlier and maybe you can tell more about the bottom side... i don't have any regrets, but i'm starting to think a false floor might be easier and cheaper. just some food for thought.

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
driver's side view

pass. side view

i've POR'd and reapplied spray bedliner to the effected areas to match the uneffected areas. these pics are mid-way through.. it's hard to photograph black in a dark environment :/

dagen_1

OBS 4 Me
Reaction score
i can't hold out ... i SHOULD because the truck is dirty.. but here's a pic of her while adjusting the bed. had to use a couple washers to get the body lines correct..but i'm happy with it considering.

Last edited: