88 headlights to 99 truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi all-I'd like to hear from those of you who own 88-89 trucks in regards to headlights. I like the looks of the quad headlamps on silverados from those years-my questions are:
1-how do they compare illumination wise to later trucks?
2-are they interchangable with later trucks-any modifications needed? What bulb do they use?
To clarify I attach pictures-want older lights on tahoe like that. Thanks for your input.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Armalite15

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sort of a trick question. By that I mean a 1988 K1500 shows 3 possible headlight part numbers. Regular capsule style High Beam 9005 / Low Beam 9006. They also list High Beam H4701 / Low Beam H4703 which is the 4 headlight sealed beam system. Lastly they show the H6054 Hi/Low which is the two headlight system as there was transition from two headlight to four headlight as well as transition from sealed beam to capsule style bulbs.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Yes they are interchangeable.

If you get the clear ones from LMC, they use your stock 9006/9005 bulbs so that you wouldn't have to do any wiring. https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/headlight/cd-1988-98-custom-headlights-150mm

If you are going to be using the stock reflector style quad lights, you will need the pigtails from the parts truck, as your current 9006/9005 pigtails won't work.

I'd personally get the LMC ones if you have the money, it will be easier and better in the long run.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they are interchangeable.

If you get the clear ones from LMC, they use your stock 9006/9005 bulbs so that you wouldn't have to do any wiring. https://www.lmctruck.com/1988-98-chevy-gmc/headlight/cd-1988-98-custom-headlights-150mm

If you are going to be using the stock reflector style quad lights, you will need the pigtails from the parts truck, as your current 9006/9005 pigtails won't work.

I'd personally get the LMC ones if you have the money, it will be easier and better in the long run.
One more thing-are there any rubber seals around them and do they come with the lights or you need to source separately?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The headlight retainers are a direct swap, no modifications needed at all if you get the LMC housings, otherwise like stated above you'd need the headlight bulb pigtails for the sealed beams.. I did the swap to my 97 and bought the LMC bulb housings to put LEDs into. Wouldn't go back for anything now.

No rubber seals on them. They're pretty simple.

The biggest thing I love about them is the ability to adjust the high beams separately from the lows.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headlight retainers are a direct swap, no modifications needed at all if you get the LMC housings, otherwise like stated above you'd need the headlight bulb pigtails for the sealed beams.. I did the swap to my 97 and bought the LMC bulb housings to put LEDs into. Wouldn't go back for anything now.

No rubber seals on them. They're pretty simple.

The biggest thing I love about them is the ability to adjust the high beams separately from the lows.
Great-thanks.