88 Chevy Oil pressure sender

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the oil pressure sensor you installed have green paint on the end, at the base of the wrenching hex? The number you listed PS269 doesn't cross to a number I recognize, but Amazon says it's the right one. NAPA lists the WRONG sensor for our vehicles, and it does not have the green paint. All of the "correct" sensors I've seen seem to be made in the same factory, with the green paint, but sold in different boxes under different brand names. Photo below shows old sensor with green paint at base of hex, plus the incorrect NAPA sensor.

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1136624

You must be registered for see images attach

\ the parking brake is flashing at me. It flashes 8 times followed by a longer flash.
No. It's flashing once long, followed by eight more short flashes.

1 + 8 = Code 9.

Easy to set by checking for codes (grounding terminal "H" on the ALDL) when there aren't any. In this case, Code 9 is a false code. The software for the ABS codes was updated in the early 90s so that Code 9 would clear when the key was turned off.

Code 9 otherwise is an "Open circuit to Speed signal". In other words, problems with the speed sensor, sensor wiring, instrument cluster, or wire harness to the ABS module. Possibly a faulty ABS module.

CLEAR THE CODE see if it comes back.

My '88 K1500 gave me Code 9 on and off for years. I also had problems with the speedometer (the circuitry in the instrument cluster was faulty.) When the instrument cluster acted up, I'd loose speedo, odo, cruise control, and ABS.