88-98 Service Manuals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not openly distributing files (aka emailing) to this or that individual, nor to Tom, Dick & Harry; I'm Not doing that. I ain't game for that bother!
Wouldn’t the same links you sent to Hatzie just as easily have been posted right in this thread? With the same end result.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Wouldn’t the same links you sent to Hatzie just as easily have been posted right in this thread? With the same end result.
No sir; perhaps you misunderstand what did (and did Not) happen.
I did email files to hatzie; I did Not email links to hatzie. Apples and Oranges.

IF, IF I KNEW where the links to those files are (I Do NOT) that would greatly simplify this.
I do NOT have those LINKS and Do NOT KNOW where those LINKS are.
Some of those LINKS have gone DEAD.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No sir; perhaps you misunderstand what did (and did Not) happen.
I did email files to hatzie; I did Not email links to hatzie. Apples and Oranges.

IF, IF I KNEW where the links to those files are (I Do NOT) that would greatly simplify this.
I do NOT have those LINKS and Do NOT KNOW where those LINKS are.
Some of those LINKS have gone DEAD.
Sorry, I did misunderstand, I thought you had them.

Reaction score
Does anyone have the manuals for a 2000 c3500 7.4l with the old body style? I’ve been going off the info in the 98 books because it’s closer than the info in the books for new body style 2000s, but some of the wiring in my truck seems different than the diagrams in either of the manuals I’ve been looking at. I’ve been unsuccessful at finding a 2000 obs book anywhere. Thanks in advance

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Does anyone have the manuals for a 2000 c3500 7.4l with the old body style? I’ve been going off the info in the 98 books because it’s closer than the info in the books for new body style 2000s, but some of the wiring in my truck
seems different than the diagrams in either of the manuals I’ve been looking at. I’ve been unsuccessful at finding a 2000 obs book anywhere. Thanks in advance
Try these folks:
Woody's Auto Literature, 507-271-0993
They're out of Minnesota but they travel all over the country doing swap meets. I think they're going to be at the swap meet at the Lone Star Roundup in Austin this weekend, they were there last year. They have the manuals for my '97 CCLB, for a lot less than I've seen them on eBay.
Sometimes they may have sold out of a particular book on the road, but they have a big warehouse at home that has pretty much everything.

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have the manuals for a 2000 c3500 7.4l with the old body style? I’ve been going off the info in the 98 books because it’s closer than the info in the books for new body style 2000s, but some of the wiring in my truck seems different than the diagrams in either of the manuals I’ve been looking at. I’ve been unsuccessful at finding a 2000 obs book anywhere. Thanks in advance

Greetings,

I am driving a '99 C2500 7.4L GMT400, and as far as I know there aren't too many changes between it
and the '00 models, since they were both mature carry-over designs targeted to fleet operators and small business
owners while using up existing parts stockpiles.

The reason I mention this is that given the above the '99 C/K manuals in reply #77 of the Service Manual thread
should work well for you. (LINK TO '99 FSM listings) As you might be aware, the 1st .pdf file is for Vol 1 & 2, and
the 2nd .pdf file is for Vol 3 & 4. Since the Electrical wiring diagrams are in Volume 4, try downloading that .pdf file
first and see if the wiring diagrams don't match your '00 vehicle.

Best of luck, and let us know if the '99 manuals work for you or not. I'm guessing that they will, but it would be
much more helpful for others if you could confirm my theory.

Cheers --

Last edited:
Reaction score
Try these folks:
Woody's Auto Literature, 507-271-0993
They're out of Minnesota but they travel all over the country doing swap meets. I think they're going to be at the swap meet at the Lone Star Roundup in Austin this weekend, they were there last year. They have the manuals for my '97 CCLB, for a lot less than I've seen them on eBay.
Sometimes they may have sold out of a particular book on the road, but they have a big warehouse at home that has pretty much everything.
Thanks! I will reach out to them!!

Reaction score
Greetings,

I am driving a '99 C2500 7.4L GMT400, and as far as I know there aren't too many changes between it
and the '00 models, since they were both mature carry-over designs targeted to fleet operators and small business
owners.

The reason I mention this is that given the above the '99 C/K manuals in reply #77 of the Service Manual thread
should work well for you. (LINK TO '99 FSM listings) As you might be aware, the 1st .pdf file is for Vol 1 & 2, and
the 2nd .pdf file is for Vol 3 & 4. Since the Electrical wiring diagrams are in Volume 4, try downloading that .pdf file
first and see if the wiring diagrams don't match your '00 vehicle.

Best of luck, and let us know if the '99 manuals work for you or not. I'm guessing that they will, but it would be
much more helpful for others if you could confirm my theory.

Cheers --
Hi! I did download your files yesterday but it got too dark to try to chase wires so I’m at it again this morning. I’ll let you know if my truck seems to match what the books say. Hopefully it does

Reaction score
So I’ve been checking a bunch of different areas all day for different reasons, but so far as I can tell the wiring diagrams in the 99 books match my 2000 exactly! I have a whole list of issues to tackle with my truck so I’m sure I’ll be spending a lot of time reading the other sections in the coming weeks! And I’m sure I’ll be back to the forum with questions. Thanks again for sharing your link!

Road Trip

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I’ve been checking a bunch of different areas all day for different reasons, but so far as I can tell the wiring diagrams in the 99 books match my 2000 exactly! I have a whole list of issues to tackle with my truck so I’m sure I’ll be spending a lot of time reading the other sections in the coming weeks! And I’m sure I’ll be back to the forum with questions. Thanks again for sharing your link!

Glad to hear that the '99 FSM is matching up with your '00! And thanks for coming back and
sharing this so other 2000 C/K truck owners out there now know that these .pdf files can be used as
a reference to help fix their rides.

NOTE: @hatzie shared so many manuals in the first reply, but the '99 FSM .pdf files that I wanted
(to supplant my paper manuals) were missing, and it took me awhile to find the links that @PM18S4
shared in reply #77. So again I'm happy to hear that this is working out for you.

For what it's worth, by the time the '99 C/K manuals were printed, the GM technical writers
had changed the way they documented the wiring harness for the better. One thing I like is
the way that every page is organized with the power source for the circuit is at the top, and
the grounding for the same circuit is at the bottom.

They also improved the way they documented the physical location of splices, connectors, and
grounds. If you end up having to work through some electrical issues on your '00, you might
find the following discussion of how the electrical section is laid out to be helpful:
(Quick tour of the General's new wiring diagram layout)

Best of luck with your 1 ton --