88-98 Service Manuals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have finished scanning the 1999 Chevrolet C/K Service Manual set (4 volumes) and Unit Repair Manual set (2 volumes). The files are hosted on and available for download from my Google Drive. Each volume has been OCR'd to enable searching. Click on Available in the table below to download the PDF.

VolumeService ManualUnit Repair Manual
1AvailableAvailable
2AvailableAvailable
3AvailableN/A
4AvailableN/A
CombinedAvailableAvailable

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have finished scanning the 1999 Chevrolet C/K Service Manual set (4 volumes) and Unit Repair Manual set (2 volumes). The files are hosted on and available for download from my Google Drive. Each volume has been OCR'd to enable searching. Click on Available in the table below to download the PDF.

VolumeService ManualUnit Repair Manual
1AvailableAvailable
2AvailableAvailable
3AvailableN/A
4AvailableN/A
To help me understand the difference between volumes what is the difference ?

Is it like info updates added into the literature and manual?
Can a person just use volume 4 to get everything and more from 1-3 ?

Also, is this c/k trucks or does it cover service manual / parts diagram for “Specifically ” the odd ball year 99 suburban as well? With cali emissions etc ..

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's more than four books for the '88 model year C/K. Service Manual, plus the Service Manual Supplement that corrected most but not all the errors in the first book. Fuel and emissions. Electrical + Electrical Suppliment, Unit Repair--teardown of some of the "big" items--transfer case, transmission, etc. Then there's the sales guides for what's new 'n' different from the previous year, quickie info on TBI...I think there's more than that but I'm too lazy to go out to the shop.

Yeah, you'd likely need EVERY book/download.

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To help me understand the difference between volumes what is the difference ?

Is it like info updates added into the literature and manual?
Can a person just use volume 4 to get everything and more from 1-3 ?

Also, is this c/k trucks or does it cover service manual / parts diagram for “Specifically ” the odd ball year 99 suburban as well? With cali emissions etc ..
No, you cannot use volume 4 to get what is in volumes 1-3. Automakers and publishers would not waste money publishing needless material. It costs them a lot of money to produce and publish print manuals.

There's table of contents at the beginning of each volume.

No, this does not cover 99 GMT800s like the 99 Suburban or 99 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Only C/Ks, like C/K 2500 and 3500. I think 98 was last year for the C/K 1500, although there may have been some early 99 C/K 1500s sold before the re-design in 1999.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, you cannot use volume 4 to get what is in volumes 1-3. Automakers and publishers would not waste money publishing needless material. It costs them a lot of money to produce and publish print manuals.

There's table of contents at the beginning of each volume.

No, this does not cover 99 GMT800s like the 99 Suburban or 99 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. Only C/Ks, like C/K 2500 and 3500. I think 98 was last year for the C/K 1500, although there may have been some early 99 C/K 1500s sold before the re-design in 1999.
Whaaaa??…The 99 suburban is still GMT 400 as far as I assume and see it should cover it somewhat
The Obs design and the entire vehicle looks like exactly like a 92 to 98 suburban body style nothing changed still has a 5.7 vortec / same interior from 95-98 the suburban went in one more year after 98’ made as a 99’ and the Tahoe limited went into 2000 with the Obs style ..The trucks got the 99 year re design new look so I don’t think a 99 suburban is a GMT800

I believe the Manuals cover the 99 suburban as far as engine interior components etc but it doesn’t have much on the parts breakdown for a suv as far as body etc because it seems these volumes are c/k “TRUCK “ specific service manuals as far as engine drive train etc etc .

So is there a service manual for a 95-98 suburban out there that covers past the “ drive train” meaning the suvs chassis / body basically all the other parts that differ from a pick up to a SUV?
It’s in my driveway it’s a 99’ suburban 1000% front clip wheels doors looks Obs to me

Attachments

• IMG_0263.jpeg
    IMG_0263.jpeg
    268.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0262.jpeg
    IMG_0262.jpeg
    399.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

xXxPARAGONxXx

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whaaaa??…The 99 suburban is still GMT 400 as far as I assume and see it should cover it somewhat
The Obs design and the entire vehicle looks like exactly like a 92 to 98 suburban body style nothing changed still has a 5.7 vortec / same interior from 95-98 the suburban went in one more year after 98’ made as a 99’ and the Tahoe limited went into 2000 with the Obs style ..The trucks got the 99 year re design new look so I don’t think a 99 suburban is a GMT800

I believe the Manuals cover the 99 suburban as far as engine interior components etc but it doesn’t have much on the parts breakdown for a suv as far as body etc because it seems these volumes are c/k “TRUCK “ specific service manuals as far as engine drive train etc etc .

So is there a service manual for a 95-98 suburban out there that covers past the “ drive train” meaning the suvs chassis / body basically all the other parts that differ from a pick up to a SUV?
It’s in my driveway it’s a 99’ suburban 1000% front clip wheels doors looks Obs to me
Sorry, I was mistaken. Yes, this service should cover it then.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's more than four books for the '88 model year C/K. Service Manual, plus the Service Manual Supplement that corrected most but not all the errors in the first book. Fuel and emissions. Electrical + Electrical Suppliment, Unit Repair--teardown of some of the "big" items--transfer case, transmission, etc. Then there's the sales guides for what's new 'n' different from the previous year, quickie info on TBI...I think there's more than that but I'm too lazy to go out to the shop.

Yeah, you'd likely need EVERY book/download.
At the end of the day I’m in search for is the GM service manuals that covers top to bottom specific a 95 to 99 suburban with the 95 new interior style from engine down to the damn bumper bolts lol.. don’t care what else is included and what other pickup trucks are covered just want what covers the 99” year suburban . Last year they made the suburban as an Obs body style.

So as I was stating I feel like these manuals are awesome I downloaded all 4 volumes for the 98’ CK trucks .
There was nothing for a 99’ model even tho we all know it exists.. Hoping to find a manual that covers this SUV past just the drivetrain/ engine electrical / trans / and vacuum diagrams .
Suv is not a truck body so it’s not showing bolts, nuts, solenoids different parts that are mid way - to through the back end of a suburban? There are plenty of differences in look design and parts from the suburban to 1500 Silverado. That’s where the confusion sets in on what I was looking for

Then again Hell what do I know lol…im making partial assumptions on all of this I’m sure … or maybe I’m asking for too much lol.. maybe getting literature and illustrations “blueprints” so to speak for an entire specific year make model vehicle for future repairs and parts lists is just to much of an easy way out … I know these trucks pretty fairly well regardless… although having such a manual would be really cool, just to have .
This all really stems from this damn vacuum line / sai pump issue that I wanna make sure I have fixed correctly I can’t find any California smog emissions 1500 trucks or SUVs where I’m at that have the sai pump setup to go off of .

Last edited:

hatzie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
At the end of the day I’m in search for is the GM service manuals that covers top to bottom specific a 95 to 99 suburban with the 95 new interior style from engine down to the damn bumper bolts lol.. don’t care what else is included and what other pickup trucks are covered just want what covers the 99” year suburban . Last year they made the suburban as an Obs body style.

So as I was stating I feel like these manuals are awesome I downloaded all 4 volumes for the 98’ CK trucks .
There was nothing for a 99’ model even tho we all know it exists.. Hoping to find a manual that covers this SUV past just the drivetrain/ engine electrical / trans / and vacuum diagrams .
Suv is not a truck body so it’s not showing bolts, nuts, solenoids different parts that are mid way - to through the back end of a suburban? There are plenty of differences in look design and parts from the suburban to 1500 Silverado. That’s where the confusion sets in on what I was looking for

Then again Hell what do I know lol…im making partial assumptions on all of this I’m sure … or maybe I’m asking for too much lol.. maybe getting literature and illustrations “blueprints” so to speak for an entire specific year make model vehicle for future repairs and parts lists is just to much of an easy way out … I know these trucks pretty fairly well regardless… although having such a manual would be really cool, just to have .
This all really stems from this damn vacuum line / sai pump issue that I wanna make sure I have fixed correctly I can’t find any California smog emissions 1500 trucks or SUVs where I’m at that have the sai pump setup to go off of .
Helm used to have paper manuals for the 1999 & 2000 T400 trucks. I bought a set of the 2000 books for my truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score

The 1999 C/K truck manuals for the OBS trucks and SUVs have 4 volumes, and the body/interior stuff is in volume 4. That unfortunately is the one book I no longer have. They do also cover the OBS pickup too, and the covers are pale blue. IIRC the NBS 1999 truck manuals have a different color cover, like tan or white...
I've found a seller that has the pair of manuals for the '97 trucks, but haven't been able to get the $$ to purchase them yet. Hopefully if I have a couple of good shows and get plenty of shifts.....