88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
You're probably right. I've only ever seen 2 in the wreckers of that style as a rear seat. Never knew enough about them to check the center armrest/console differences. I just thought they were the same. I was more interested in taking the measurements from underneath! Force of habit! Lol!
And ...DOH! Yea! 'lumbar'!

MDR-97-Z71

400 Obsessor
Reaction score
I'm sure this question has been answered more than once, but who knows how long it'll take to find.

If I swap my cloth buckets for leather buckets that are heated would they work with the plug that's already there for the power seats? passenger is only power lumbar.

I'm fond of the cloth buckets how they are but I can't deny my a$$ the comfort of heated leather for winter lol

Sent from my 5.7 powered iPhone

honor first

Reaction score
1997-2013 Chevy Express Van/GMC Savanna Van seat base:

You must be registered for see images attach

Should this bolt up to my 1991 regular cab truck? I currently have a bench so I understand I may need to drill one or two more holes, but not looking to do all eight.

Thanks!

honor first

Reaction score
Installed my 2007+ Chevy Tahoe/Silverado seat today into my driver's. Not sure if the other guy who posted about it had a different outcome or just didn't mention it, but I encourage you to avoid it. The way the seat sits now puts me 3-4 inches offset to the left of the center of the steering wheel. I can no longer change my radio under my center vents without having to reach extensively to get it. In my regular cab, there is no good position; either slide forward to get a good recline on the seat, resulting in your legs and feet being way to close to the pedals, or slide back to relieve that, and sit straight up.

I have a 1991 RCSB. Had a one piece vinyl bench. Combined the left and right side risers of the bench base to make the bracket set. Not sure how you can resolve this, and there's no way I messed it up using the stuff I have, as there is only one way to do this.

Wish someone else had mentioned this, I wouldn't have bought Tahoe seats, a center console, and harvested my bench for parts. Will post pictures tomorrow.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
Installed my 2007+ Chevy Tahoe/Silverado seat today into my driver's. Not sure if the other guy who posted about it had a different outcome or just didn't mention it, but I encourage you to avoid it. The way the seat sits now puts me 3-4 inches offset to the left of the center of the steering wheel. I can no longer change my radio under my center vents without having to reach extensively to get it. In my regular cab, there is no good position; either slide forward to get a good recline on the seat, resulting in your legs and feet being way to close to the pedals, or slide back to relieve that, and sit straight up.

I have a 1991 RCSB. Had a one piece vinyl bench. Combined the left and right side risers of the bench base to make the bracket set. Not sure how you can resolve this, and there's no way I messed it up using the stuff I have, as there is only one way to do this.

Wish someone else had mentioned this, I wouldn't have bought Tahoe seats, a center console, and harvested my bench for parts. Will post pictures tomorrow.

I had the exact same experience using the F-body seat. I figured most guys posting their results just didn't mind the shift left.

honor first

Reaction score
I had the exact same experience using the F-body seat. I figured most guys posting their results just didn't mind the shift left.

Yeah fun fact the 2014+ Silverados have an offset, you sit to the left. But between the extreme shift left and then the thickness of the seat back causing the issues with sitting too close to the pedals or wheel, I kind of what to abandon the project, but I have quite a bit of money in the seats, the console, my new carpet coming etc. Going to drive some backroads today with just the two factory bolt holes mounted, and see how it feels. I just don't see myself getting over the long reach to the aftermarket radio location under the center vents.

Will get some pictures as promised for anyone considering it.

honor first

Reaction score
Do pretty much any other GM bucket seats end up sitting offset to the left of the steering wheel if using the OBS factory seat bracket?

honor first

Reaction score
I'd like to see pics please as I really want change the seats in my Burb.

Uploading now. Dont have very good photos because I already went back to my bench, couldnt take it anymore. Wish this thread wasnt so dead now, in terms of getting basic questions answered, like the question about the bracket pictured, and such as mine above:

honor first said:
Do pretty much any other GM bucket seats end up sitting offset to the left of the steering wheel if using the OBS factory seat bracket?

Does a bench 60/40 from a newer truck, 1999-2006 end up offset like this?

Anyways, here are the 3 pictures I have, pretty low quality.

Here is a picture that shows how far to the left you will be sitting relative to the seatbelts:

This is how I sit offset to the steering wheel, sitting on the right side bolster of the Tahoe seat which isnt ideal:

Can't see much here but gives you an idea:

Might not seem like much, but it is enough that with my factory W/T bench, reaching the radio, etc isnt an issue. With these seats, I have to lean over to touch the radio, and I can only reach the left side of the radio; reaching the right side of my aftermarket radio to touch the menu buttons, etc is way to far.

Plus, the seats are thicker, so you are forced to either slide back a lot, and sit up straight, or slide seat forward to get a decent recline, but now your feet are cramped because they're too close to the pedals. I am 5'10" for reference.

I personally do not recommend.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
That's about how the f-body seats were. 95+ seats were/are thicker which is a big problem for my fat ***. I'm going to be moving the steering column down and installing a 88-94 split bench this week end.