88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The whole purpose of a forum is to share experience and make obscure knowledge easier to find. The downside of a forum is that some stuff gets buried.

We're all a bit lazy or we wouldn't be here. If we had zero laziness, we wouldn't ask for help here, we'd be out in our garages trial-and-erroring every struggle, just like we did before the internet. You're free to go back to doing that, but I prefer the support group we have here. The thing about a support group is that you need to be supportive for it to work.

Yes, there are some people who come on this forum and ask for help without even using the search function. Then there are people who make an effort, but can't find what they're looking for because it's buried. Where do we draw the line between the two? I can't answer that for you, but I can say that we should err on the side of being helpful. If we don't want to be helpful we can be silent.

9mmAuto

Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been covered already... I read through about 20 pages of this thread but didn't see the answer to the question I have and figured I would just ask instead of reading the other 54 pages.

I Have a 95 Cheyenne 2500 ext cab... It has the 60/40 bench that has been blasted apart by nearly 30 years worth of taco Tuesdays and 5 for 5 chili dogs at wienerschnitzel and needs replaced. I found some bucket seats out of a 94 K10 Blazer that im going to use. I intend to put the buckets in and leave the center open for better access to the rear seat for my dog. Because i'm using the buckets, I will be using the risers that came with them. My question is: because the passenger seat it the 95, 40/60 split is the smaller seat will the bolt holes for the riser be the same as the passenger bucket out of the 94 blazer? I keep seeing that 88-94 are the same and 95-98 are the same but I don't know if the 94 to 95 would be different because the cabs are basically the same?

Thanks
-Paul

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I apologize in advance if this has been covered already... I read through about 20 pages of this thread but didn't see the answer to the question I have and figured I would just ask instead of reading the other 54 pages.

I Have a 95 Cheyenne 2500 ext cab... It has the 60/40 bench that has been blasted apart by nearly 30 years worth of taco Tuesdays and 5 for 5 chili dogs at wienerschnitzel and needs replaced. I found some bucket seats out of a 94 K10 Blazer that im going to use. I intend to put the buckets in and leave the center open for better access to the rear seat for my dog. Because i'm using the buckets, I will be using the risers that came with them. My question is: because the passenger seat it the 95, 40/60 split is the smaller seat will the bolt holes for the riser be the same as the passenger bucket out of the 94 blazer? I keep seeing that 88-94 are the same and 95-98 are the same but I don't know if the 94 to 95 would be different because the cabs are basically the same?

Thanks
-Paul
Use Your stock seat risers as the Floorplan differs slightly between bodystyles. The bolt holes of the inner seatriser may not line up w/ the bolt holes in your floor. Your seat risers will bolt up to the replacement seats.

9mmAuto

Reaction score
I threw in the bucket seats today... I didn't need to use the seat base on the original seat. The 94 seat bolted right in on the passenger side, and only needed to drill one hole on the driver side for the bucket. The two outside holes on the driver side bucket lined up, and the inside rear hole had a Torx head bolt already in there that I removed and replaced with a seat bolt to finish bolting the rear of the seat down. However I did need to drill a hole for the front inside bracket. After that I just put bolts in the remaining holes on the transmission tunnel wear I removed the 60/40 bench from. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

WVZR-1

Reaction score
Has anyone done this seat swap on a '96+ 2 door base cab with split seat AE7 with blue seats & belts (26I)? I'm needing blue AE7 belts (Bendix) for everything except the left and right retractors. Owner wants to retain the AE7 seat. If you can help DM me or start a conversation. I don't have the 100+ posts to post a WTB and I'm nowhere near close to the 100 required. If you've any thoughts I'd be interested. A Northern Virginia source would be outstanding.

WVZR-1

Reaction score
That certainly looks to be an option. I appreciate the information! I imagine so long as a person had a set of any color they could redo and likely have better than OE functionality that's 27+ years old.

Anyone used them recently or at all for their GMT400 or other?

*** I see them maybe located in Edmond OK 73013

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I threw in the bucket seats today... I didn't need to use the seat base on the original seat. The 94 seat bolted right in on the passenger side, and only needed to drill one hole on the driver side for the bucket. The two outside holes on the driver side bucket lined up, and the inside rear hole had a Torx head bolt already in there that I removed and replaced with a seat bolt to finish bolting the rear of the seat down. However I did need to drill a hole for the front inside bracket. After that I just put bolts in the remaining holes on the transmission tunnel wear I removed the 60/40 bench from. Im pretty happy with how it turned out.

If you had swapped the drivers side frame rail to use your original, then you would not have had to drill the hole.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally picked up a set of buckets to swap in my c2500 standard cab. I remember reading in here somewhere that Malibu/ olds cutless seats will work so I picked up these. I picked up 2 sets of bench seat risers to use so let’s see how it goes. I’ll post pictures and info on how it went when I get done. Just out of curiosity has anyone made these 4 doors seats fold forward instead of backwards so I can get things behind the seats?
You must be registered for see images attach

This is what they are going in.