88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slippy3002

Master Machinist
Reaction score
Do you want them?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

if bhburban doesn't then I probably will since they are gray. I just need to find a center console. Did you ever go to that truck jy in Quakertown? My brother says there is tons of gmt400's there. I just never got down there.

Sent from ®obland

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I haven't been to that yard. But I have been to ezpull several times. There's a lot of gmt400's there too. Thats where I got my console from. I have heard good things about the one in Quakertown though. Just let me know if you want them. If you do. They are yours.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

HRV-LS1

95 GMC
Reaction score
This might be a repeated question... Can I switch from power to manual seats? Looking for a 60/40 seat with the armrest in the middle. If I find a power one, can it be converted to a manual slider? Presently, I have an old manual bench seat.

blortz

Reaction score
so was at the junkyard yesterday and scored some new seats for the truck :)
I picked up some factory heated and leather bucket seats from a 98 Yukon. both seats have 9 way power and heat with the switch on the side of the seat
problem I am having is the new seats have more wires at the connector then what my truck came with,(I already have factory bucket seats with power lumbar on both sides and driver power seat) I took the connector from the wire harness at the junkyard just to be safe...

does anyone know how I can go about wiring this up? is it just more power and ground wires they added? any insight would help
my truck is a 98 gmc sierra z71 ecsb.

THANKS!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Yup! The extra wires are power & ground for the heaters. Hook those up to a power source that is ignition switched. That way they turn off with the truck. Inline fuse them. Those heaters are notorious for not only over-heating, but shorting out too if the seats get any moisture (coffee!) soaking right down inside the foam to the heat elements.