88-98 Bucket seat alternatives

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I finally got to doing the swap. I got all the parts for $30. The console and seat track is out of a Tahoe. And the seats are from a astro van. All the Bonnevilles were either trashed, gone, or the wrong color. Theses are comfy too and clean. Here's some pics.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 4

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
update: seat has been installed, i just needed to cut the back leg a little and weld it back

weld it and i only had a flat black paint so i just used that

ill take more pics later

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i recently done the same swap. i just bolted mine together instead of welding it

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
I know this is not a GMT400 but the concept should be the same for us extended cab owners. I have a K5 Blazer and put in bucket seats out of a newer s10 blazer: the problem with the new seats is they dont tilt forward to allow passengers to get into the back. I solved this problem by using the seat brackets from a 95 jeep wrangler. With this particular combination, the seat sliders bolted right up to the jeep seat bracket for the manual sliding bucket. From there I had to drill new holes into the jeep bracket to match the Blazer holes and I also added a 2x2 inch rectangular tube to the jeep bracket to make it level.

Hopefully this will provide an idea when finding seats for an extended cab truck. Once again, I have not tried this on a 400 so I do not know if it will actually work.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
I finally got to doing the swap. I got all the parts for $30. The console and seat track is out of a Tahoe. And the seats are from a astro van. All the Bonnevilles were either trashed, gone, or the wrong color. Theses are comfy too and clean. Here's some pics.

Those look nice. They fit the look of your interior well. Are you sure those were from an Astro, and not a Venture?

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
^^^ yes. There were out of a late 90's astro. I'm positive of this because it had the full conversion on it and the side said astro awd. I am selling these seats for very cheap now. I picked up new ones. If you pick them up they are free.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here's both seats installed.

BHBurban

GMT 1600
Reaction score
^^^ yes. There were out of a late 90's astro. I'm positive of this because it had the full conversion on it and the side said astro awd. I am selling these seats for very cheap now. I picked up new ones. If you pick them up they are free.

OK thanks. I'd never seen that style before. where in PA are you?