88-94 Factory Stereo Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jturpin

Reaction score
Been in local Pull a Part. All the trucks CDM are gone. Looked in two Deville trunks with no luck. It has to be a Bose unit to have a CDM correct? Where is the CDM located on a Buick Lesabre?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The Buick radios tend to have them on the head itself, mounted on top of it. There's a post or two in this thread showing a couple Buick radios like that. They use the same CDM as the trucks.

Also, not all Caddys had Bose systems, and one I came across in the yard a couple weeks ago did have a self-amp CDM in it. It just depends...

man-a-fre

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ran across something today of which I was not familiar, looking to take some CDM pics. 1995 DeVille, non-Bose.

You must be registered for see images attach

Was going to snag the CDM, since it was a newer one.

It wasn't a Bose car, so I had to go look inside again.

Pulled it out to get a better look.
So can this bose cdm work with the factory truck radio with eq?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
The Bose systems were never used in anything that had the 5 band equalizer so while it would, at its basic function, work, only two bands would be adjustable. I also noticed while playing around with mine, the lighting circuit doesn't run through the CDM like in the trucks.

jturpin

Reaction score
Okay, got a 94 chevy P/U CDM and a 90 Cadillac Brougham CDM. Both restored channel change ability, volume control, and clock. I tried both and I can not get any sound no matter how high I turn it up. All plugs are in and antenna also. I do not have a mute button. You think I have two bad ones or am I overlooking something?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Okay, got a 94 chevy P/U CDM and a 90 Cadillac Brougham CDM. Both restored channel change ability, volume control, and clock. I tried both and I can not get any sound no matter how high I turn it up. All plugs are in and antenna also. I do not have a mute button. You think I have two bad ones or am I overlooking something?

How are your speakers? Were they working before? And with the power connector, on some the speakers are on separate connectors that plug in next to the power connector, those are plugged in too?

If all that is good, you might have gotten some duds.

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up an 89 mostly working CDM today. However, I don't have any sound out of the front speakers. Where do I start troubleshooting? The speakers all worked with the aftermarket radio.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I picked up an 89 mostly working CDM today. However, I don't have any sound out of the front speakers. Where do I start troubleshooting? The speakers all worked with the aftermarket radio.
First check your fade control. Maybe it’s directing all sound to the rear?

LTC_

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay, so looking at this image from the first page, it looks like there is an amp for each channel. Is there a way to test these to see if the ones for the front channels are bad?
img_20200517_042710-jpg.219427