88-94 Factory Stereo Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wanted to go back to the original setup for the radio but couldn’t find my cdm box or cassette deck. The original head unit is still in the truck. Didn’t feel like buying replacements so I’m going with the Santa Cruz radio that goes where the original head unit is.

Let us know how it works out. I've been thinking about doing this but it's not the cheapest option out there.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Let us know how it works out. I've been thinking about doing this but it's not the cheapest option out there.
Will do. It’ll be a little while. I’m waiting on my new dash to come in and have them installed at the same time.

89GMC4by

Reaction score
I wanted to go back to the original setup for the radio but couldn’t find my cdm box or cassette deck. The original head unit is still in the truck. Didn’t feel like buying replacements so I’m going with the Santa Cruz radio that goes where the original head unit is.

I’m going to do the same. Just can’t figure out what to do with the center cassette area where I have a 10 year old CD player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m going to do the same. Just can’t figure out what to do with the center cassette area where I have a 10 year old CD player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I’m in the same boat. Can’t find original dash piece that I had there so I’m thinking of shaving the one I have for the CD player so it doesn’t stick out as far. It gets in the way when I put drinks in the cup holders under it. Just need something to cover the hole up.

Erin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Santa Cruz radio is installed. It looks and sounds good. Have a problem with the #1 preset button not wanting to store a station. I’m waiting to hear back from the manufacturer for a fix. When I push it it just scans to the next available station.

Cheap Heap

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Santa Cruz radio is installed. It looks and sounds good. Have a problem with the #1 preset button not wanting to store a station. I’m waiting to hear back from the manufacturer for a fix. When I push it it just scans to the next available station.

Where did you buy it from?