88-94 Factory Stereo Info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks nice, just curious, what Bluetooth module did you use?

It's the Tecboss tb27. I wanted one that was 2 piece with a cord going from the head of it to the plugin because I had previously mounted a dual power port below the ashtray so the one piece solid bluetooth adapters wouldn't really work for me. I ended up bolting a small L bracket to the bottom of the dash bezel to stick the base to and then it can unclip and has prongs that clip into air vents.

You must be registered for see images attach

Kkortman112

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I seriously thought I was the only person on earth that nerded out on these 88-94 stereos. lol

I myself like the 1992 to 1994 interiors the best. Of course 20 years ago I owned a 1992 K2500 SLE GMC with a 454 and currently have this 1993 C1500 Silverado so I'm probably biased

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gentlemen, reading all these posts has sparked my interest in putting the stock radio back in my truck. I was luckily able to score the rare 1989 only head unit from eBay and scoured the junkyard last weekend and scored 2 EQ CDMs and 2 tape decks w/EQ. Got it all cobbled together and I've got tunes again! Forgot how cool and futuristic that EQ was. If you didn't have that back in the 80's, you weren't cool. Anyway, I realized the stock speakers were rated at 9.5 ohms. It's very hard to come by even 8 ohm speakers in 4x6 size. So, I found brand new stock replacements that are a 100% match for the old ones. You can crank it without fear of damaging the CDM from too low impedance. Just thought I'd share. They're AC Delco 15173233 and can be purchased from places like Amazon and EBay. Gonna order me a set of 4 soon. Beats grabbing worn out ones from the boneyard...

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score

The car appeared to have some sort of a center speaker in the dash (no pic).

Took down the cover under the rear deck, figuring there must be some sort of amp hiding.

Haven't researched exactly what the active sound system is, I'm guess some sort of speed and noise monitoring. At any rate, I could see this used in a truck with the non-amp CDM as a direct plug-in. The harness is there from the CDM to the amp.

So. I might need an intervention. I can't seem to stop picking up Mostly Useless Crap :rofl:

Now I get to see what this Active Audio system is all about lol.