88-90 Accumulator Bracket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TWNFIV3

Reaction score
So I managed to somehow throw away my accumulator bracket for my 1990 GMC. Thinking they were all the same, I pulled one off of a junker 91 model. Well, they’re not and I either need to find one or try to modify the one I have now. I think the 88-90’s mounted in three locations but can’t find any pictures from my truck. Was hoping I could get someone who has an 88-90 model to take me some photos of how that bracket mounts to the firewall (specifically the locations). Even better would be if I could purchase one from someone that may have an 88-90 model junker. I can’t post to the Wanted ads yet.

Thanks!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a few pics of my 88, it looks like there are 2 bolts that go to the firewall and one clamping the 2 straps together. The one behind the coolant reservoir is a little difficult to get to, HTH.
You must be registered for see images attach

TWNFIV3

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to send those. I guess I'll to cut mine up and modify it. The one I got pushes the accumulator towards the engine.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't tell by your pics but, did you try flipping the bracket around?

TWNFIV3

Reaction score
I can't tell by your pics but, did you try flipping the bracket around?

I tried that as well. Puts it too low and the bracket hits the heater ports. The 91 and up don’t have that hard line from the drier to the evaporator likes ours. The drier actually screws directly to that evaporator lines coming out of the firewall.