88 1500 5.0 throttle sticking closed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where would I find it? I'll try it today!

The red arrow is pointing to it (on the front right as you look at it). You'll probably have a cover on it that you'll need to remove. As you can see this one has been chipped out previously. The screw is a hard stop for the throttle so it won't close all the way, hopefully.
You must be registered for see images attach

Greg S Meier

Reaction score
The red arrow is pointing to it (on the front right as you look at it). You'll probably have a cover on it that you'll need to remove. As you can see this one has been chipped out previously. The screw is a hard stop for the throttle so it won't close all the way, hopefully.
You must be registered for see images attach
I'll try it now!

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It only sticks when it running.
Doesn't do it if it's not
Yes, I saw that in your 1st post, that's why I'm thinking the throttle shaft bushing is worn and the vacuum from the running engine is jamming the blades against the bore so, if that's the case, you can either repair it or adjust the idle screw to keep it from bottoming out.

Greg S Meier

Reaction score
Yes, I saw that in your 1st post, that's why I'm thinking the throttle shaft bushing is worn and the vacuum from the running engine is jamming the blades against the bore so, if that's the case, you can either repair it or adjust the idle screw to keep it from bottoming out.