700R4 to 4L80E / speedo / VSS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Swapping out my 700r4 to a 4L80E in a 1992 RCSB. Have everything installed, using the TCI/Fast EZ-TCU controller. How can I keep the factory DRAC/Gauges with the new trans? Can the old 2 wire VSS be wired into the rear trans output sensor or do I use the speedometer output wire from the EZ-TCU? The EZ-TCU allows for a 4000 pulse signal. Any thoughts appreciated.

matthews454ss

Reaction score
I'm also curious. i'm gathering parts to replace my th400 with a 4l80e using the EZ-TCU. The speedo output on the EZ-TCU is adjustable. My plan was to use that output and adjust it until my speedo was right.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was going to suggest just calling up the manufacturer of those controllers. I'm sure they can help.

BTW, I went to their website and looks like they offer a 6-speed 4L80e kit! It's for racing-only use because you lose Reverse. I had heard of something like that being done, but never actually seen it advertised. I'd have to cut a hole on my floorboards and use my feet to back up the ol' Chebby if I used that kit for my daily drivers, LOL.

Reaction score
TCI isn't helpful with factory integration. They suggested using a Dakota Digital aftermarket cluster to use the speedometer output wire. The speedometer output wire transmits a square wave signal that is programmable in in pulse width. It is really about if a non-electric 700r4 VSS puts out an AC or DC signal to the DRAC. Can't seem to find clear information.