$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Next to bomb proof. It's 304 stainless and the hoses have lots of fabric reinforcement. You may replace the rubber or the clamps but the hose itself should last the life of the vehicle. Stainless is also a TERRIBLE insulator so it helps cooling a tiny bit as well.

I used the leftover piece between the engine and the muffler on my snow blower over 20 years ago and it's still on there!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That's awesome. Good quality too. I bet
Well, my factory radiator hoses outlasted the factory radiator by 2 years, and the Gates ones are usually high quality. We had the radiator replaced in 2017, and the upper hose was replaced in mid 2018. Lower hose lasted till 2019!

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, my factory radiator hoses outlasted the factory radiator by 2 years, and the Gates ones are usually high quality. We had the radiator replaced in 2017, and the upper hose was replaced in mid 2018. Lower hose lasted till 2019!

I dont wanna lie but I could of sworn my hoses are original accept for upper and heater valve. Those got replaced I know for sure. Biggest reason why I'm trying to replace all the hoses.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I bought all Gates hoses, and the bottom one came with a really nice plastic loom on it, the top hose only came with a 3 inch long piece of plastic loom, so I took that off and re-used the plastic mesh off of the old top hose that covered the majority of the hose length.

The main issues I had was the OEM spring clamps on the heater hoses didn’t seem to hold as tight anymore, so after the 3rd one leaking on me, I replaced all of them with worm clamps.

Also, the lower hose off of the water pump looks scarily close to the belt. The old hose may have been like that, but I didn’t think to look before removing it.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idk about your lkq but mine here has an A frame with a chain hoist so you can X 2 ratchet straps with the 4 stake pockets and lift with A frame.

Then roll out to a trailer but have 4 friends on hand to unload it at home haha

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Idk about your lkq but mine here has an A frame with a chain hoist so you can X 2 ratchet straps with the 4 stake pockets and lift with A frame.

Then roll out to a trailer but have 4 friends on hand to unload it at home haha
Lmao I wonder if they let me roll the A frame out to the trailer?