$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Nosed it into the garage this afternoon and replaced the radiator, radiator hoses, and heater hoses.

You must be registered for see images attach

New radiator installed, finally it’s safe from the kids potentially hitting it with their bikes while it was leaned up against the wall in the garage

Old radiator and a few of the old hoses

As it sits now, purging the air out of the cooling system as I write this

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nosed it into the garage this afternoon and replaced the radiator, radiator hoses, and heater hoses.

New radiator installed, finally it’s safe from the kids potentially hitting it with their bikes while it was leaned up against the wall in the garage

Old radiator and a few of the old hoses

As it sits now, purging the air out of the cooling system as I write this
Did the new lower hose come with the plastic armor on it? I noticed on my Burb that it needed to be there because the lower hose kind of sits on the idler arm bracket.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did the new lower hose come with the plastic armor on it? I noticed on my Burb that it needed to be there because the lower hose kind of sits on the idler arm bracket.

If your talking about the protective loom then yes. At least oem does. When I get my new motor I'm installing all new hoses and gm oem on rock auto shows loom for the bottom hose and braided flex mesh for the upper:)

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
If your talking about the protective loom then yes. At least oem does. When I get my new motor I'm installing all new hoses and gm oem on rock auto shows loom for the bottom hose and braided flex mesh for the upper:)
Yes the Gates hose I bought at the o'Reilly and installed on my Burb on New Year's Day 2019 had the loom on it. I bought it on the way up to my aunt's place out from Bastrop. We were spending a few days with her around Christmas, and I knew the hose was leaking. Also knew how much trouble it'd be to get parts on Christmas. Was going to swap out the hose in her driveway, but recent rainfall had made it too squishy for me to be completely comfortable with getting the truck jacked up and me getting under it! So I waited until we got back to my cousin's, and used his good drain pan and concrete driveway.
On the top hose I reused some of the old loom to give an extra layer of it where the hose sits on the little bracket that keeps it from drooping down into the fan. That hose is a Gates in NAPA private label, and also has a plastic loom armor on it. Gates has been pretty good in my experience about providing the loom where the application needs it. One more thing I like about using good brands.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the Gates hose I bought at the o'Reilly and installed on my Burb on New Year's Day 2019 had the loom on it. I bought it on the way up to my aunt's place out from Bastrop. We were spending a few days with her around Christmas, and I knew the hose was leaking. Also knew how much trouble it'd be to get parts on Christmas. Was going to swap out the hose in her driveway, but recent rainfall had made it too squishy for me to be completely comfortable with getting the truck jacked up and me getting under it! So I waited until we got back to my cousin's, and used his good drain pan and concrete driveway.
On the top hose I reused some of the old loom to give an extra layer of it where the hose sits on the little bracket that keeps it from drooping down into the fan. That hose is a Gates in NAPA private label, and also has a plastic loom armor on it. Gates has been pretty good in my experience about providing the loom where the application needs it. One more thing I like about using good brands.

They can be a pain. I brought a loom from work to extra protect the hose. I may use it for the lower hose since its bigger. I'll snap pics when I dive in

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Haha looks like mine earlier. Nose a 1/4 of the truck inside but still have a whole 1 and a half truck outside
****, my poor ol Burb hasn't seen the inside of my building since 2018! Any work done since then is on the driveway. When working on gravel surfaces, have plenty of light and magnets on a stick!
When I was swapping rotors every 6 months, I came up with a procedure that worked pretty well. I have a couple of those small rectangular metal magnetic parts trays. One of them gets set on the brake booster, where my right hand can reach it easily. I have a magnet on a stick ( telescoping)
that I hold next to the torx driver to get the cap and rotor screws out. They go to the parts tray, so I can see where they are. I have the wire boots marked so they get back correctly, since it's easier to get the rotor out if the cap can be more out of the way ( which requires pulling the boots off one side).
This may sound like overkill, but it's kept me from losing those tiny screws, and once you've done it a few times, it's second nature to do it this way.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score

We don' need no stinkin' loom!

https://summitracing.com/parts/sum-390048

Stainless steel baybee!

Also available in Black!

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
That's awesome. I almost wanted silicone hoses but couldn't find any lol
That's the only hose I buy anymore. I've had it on my Firebird since my daughter was a baby. She just turned 23!

It can be a bit "Challenging" to install. A small box of foul language and some silicone spray will do wonders. You will need SUM-390001 to hook up to 2" nipples. It comes with 1 3/4 ish hose (it's a bit snug) and 1 1/2 and 1 1/4 reducers. You put the reducers on the nipple then the hose I'm paranoid and a bit CDO (in alphabetical order like it SHOULD be!) so I use Gasgacinch to help glue/seal it. EDL-9300 @ Summit Racing.

Last edited: