$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I really like that truck and how far youve gotten it
Thanks! It’s hard to not turn everything I do into a huge project lol. For instance, I’m half tempted to go ahead and replace the water pump and intake gaskets while I have the coolant drained to replace the radiator, since I know it’s when, not if those will fail... kinda like how the interior refresh escalated to a huge project lol

Jesse_Wenting

Old Thread Reviver
Reaction score
I’m half tempted to go ahead and replace the water pump and intake gaskets
Know from experience that's not a bad idea lol. Swapped an engine, then had to do a head gasket so I just pulled it back out and did all the seals and gaskets, then a few months later I had to pull my transmission for a rebuild.

Keep kicking myself for not doing the tranny both times there was no engine out not that I could've known. Finally learned and tackled my NP243 while it was already out for the tranny rebuild. Only wish I could've done a NP241 swap at the same time

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! It’s hard to not turn everything I do into a huge project lol. For instance, I’m half tempted to go ahead and replace the water pump and intake gaskets while I have the coolant drained to replace the radiator, since I know it’s when, not if those will fail... kinda like how the interior refresh escalated to a huge project lol

I know the pain. I dont own a nice stock vehicle anymore lol

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Water pump on a 350 is easy. Intake manifold gaskets, not so much. Not looking forward to doing mine on a gravel driveway.....

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
That does complicate matters a bit. Best of luck when you take it on.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks! I'm envious of y'all in the midwest and north that have nice barns and shops. But I know those are necessary on a farm.
Sorry Tim for jacking the thread a bit....

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Installed the rear bumper this morning. Of course I couldn’t just bolt it up....

Too much surface rust for my tastes
You must be registered for see images attach

Knocked down the rust some with a wire brush and wire wheel and then primed it

Then hit it with my favorite, you guessed it, Rustoeum semi gloss black lol

Shot of the truck with the rear bumper removed, oddly, I didn’t have to remove the receiver hitch on mine

After a session of wire wheeling and SG Black paint

frito-bandito

Reaction score
Had to make a second post since I am only able to upload 5 pics a post for some reason.

Anyways, the before shot

And obviously the after

Both in one pic.

I also swapped the license plate bulbs with white LEDs to match the rest of my fleet lol