$600 2000 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
See, that's the bad thing about having a pickup. Everyone you know wants to use it for something LOL! With a Burb they just want to go somewhere.....

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
I hadn’t done much with it except enjoy it this last week or so.

I got the garage painted and unpacked / organized this week, and i plan to try it out in the morning when I install my new radiator that’s been sitting in the corner for the last month.

I still also have a few more grab handles and small interior pieces I need to re-install, and I want to paint / dye the dash as well.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
On another note, I was looking for some decent cheap speakers to use since I don’t have any real plans on replacing the stock radio anytime soon.... STAY AWAY from these POS speakers. One has rattled since I installed it, and the second one started rattling on the way home from work the next day.

You must be registered for see images attach

Played around with Paintbrush on my laptop....I kinda dig this, but I want the blue to be the factory GM indigo blue
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I just installed Kicker 4X6 and 4X10 had to modify for the 4x10's (I put some old Suburban 4x10 rear speakers in there first) From Crutchfield. Very happy. I told them I wanted decent quality, lowish price, and durability. They have poly cones and rubber surrounds (last longer in the sun according to the rep @ Crutchfield).
I added the sticky Summit noise/heat insulating stuff as much as I could. They sounded good but when I added some Anti noise stuff to the speaker grills everywhere the sound doesn't come out of they sounded excellent.
Put as much sound deadening stuff in the "C" pillars as possible and behind the interior trim pieces as well. The difference is amazing. I am going to pull every interior panel out this summer and add the anti noise stuff EVERYWHERE! I added a free powered 10" sub (too big and too much but it was free) and it sounds very nice. Crutchfield and Summit have 8" powered subs that would be a better choice. I looked at the RetroSound 4x6 speakers but they didn't have a rubber surround which was important to me. They were a much better price though. It's likely most of the resonance you are hearing isn't the speakers but the interior panels. Try some sound control stuff first and see. I got this stuff;

https://beta.summitracing.com/parts/sum-879023

Whoops I forgot yours's is newer! Same recommendation wrong size speakers!

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Crutchfield is great to deal with.

Does anyone else on this board turn into Rainman mumbling things they need to do to their truck?
"Chrome rear bumper...front bumper brackets...tint the windows...sand PYO wheels..."
Yup! Ad nauseum for the Missus! She's like just do it and stop talking about it!
I think she's discovered my plan...

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Crutchfield is great to deal with.

Does anyone else on this board turn into Rainman mumbling things they need to do to their truck?
"Chrome rear bumper...front bumper brackets...tint the windows...sand PYO wheels..."

Absolutely. Try owning 2 400s and the list gets a mile long and you'll mumble for days lol

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333