6.0 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoostedObs850

Reaction score
Alright so I’m building a 6.0 with a set of 862 heads
I got a call from the machine shop and they went 30 over and 10-10 on the crank. I’m gonna run a set of forged pro Ls summit pistons with stock rods. My question is what cam should I run? I’m planning on boosting the motor in the end.. single turbo 7875 billet. My power goal is around 850hp. Also what pushrods and springs

Spareparts

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best bet is ask the machine shop for what they would recommend as long as it's their.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With that turbo you could make that power on the stock cam. I kind of like a shmedium cam that isn't hard to tune for and is still driveable when not in boost.

I'm running a Summit cam in my turbo 5.3: 218/227 .600 lift. I would have liked a little less lift for reliability, but so far so good.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would call your favorite cam manufacturer and hava a chat with them. They will tell you better than most of us internet bench racers!!!! (With all due respect fellas!!!)

I've watched enough Richard Holdner videos to paraphrase that when it comes to LS motors, ALL cams are turbo cams. Don't have to get anything special and labeled as a turbo cam.