5.7 vortec long crank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok guys so I pulled the plenum off and it ls obvious the spider was leaking from somewhere. I got the GP Sorensen ones, I can already tell the quality is better after test fitting it. I temporarily hooked the spider up to the fuel lines (plenum still off) and turned the key on and its getting 60 psi! The pressure drops a couple seconds after that, but I am guessing that’s cause the fuel pump only kicks on for a couple seconds then shuts off. So we are getting adequate fuel pressure now! Am I safe to put the plenum back on?

Still waiting on the distributor cap repair plate.

Last edited:

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No leaks from the new spider after hooking it up to fuel lines and testing fuel pressure. 60 psi.

I already cleaned the intake manifold before taking pics, but there were a few small pools of gas that weren’t there when I first installed the eBay spider.

Attachments

• IMG_7124.jpeg
    IMG_7124.jpeg
    273.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_7125.jpeg
    IMG_7125.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 17

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So with new injectors, no fuel leaks, (60 psi with KOEO for the first couple seconds and then drops afterward because pump shuts off), am I good to go?
I would like to hear some thoughts before I finalize the install and put the plenum back on.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So with new injectors, no fuel leaks, (60 psi with KOEO for the first couple seconds and then drops afterward because pump shuts off), am I good to go?
I would like to hear some thoughts before I finalize the install and put the plenum back on.
Sounds good to me. Other than replacing the 2 seals for fuel and return lines in picture. I know I plan to when I install my spider.
You must be registered for see images attach

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When you say it should hold pressure for at least 30 seconds, do you mean it should STAY AT 60, or just retain SOME pressure?

It holds at 60 psi for the 2 seconds that the pump is running, then it drops slowly. After 30 seconds it still has 45 psi of pressure.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It holds at 60 psi for the 2 seconds that the pump is running, then it drops slowly. After 30 seconds it still has 45 psi of pressure.
Disclaimer; I'm no expert on those new fangled Vortec systems but, I thibk it's 60 PSI for 30 seconds. The check valve(s) in the fuel pump or regulator may be leaking a little.

Someone else, with better knowledge than me, may wanna chime in.

slow_c1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
1990Z71Swede already mentioned a potential leak at the check valve, and said it was unlikely because then it wouldn’t start better when the engine has been sitting overnight, which is what mine consistently does.

Last edited: