4x4 wont lock in :/

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sjconner

Reaction score
He replaced the actuator, but that don't mean that its not a bad one out of the box. The actuator gets power from the switch on the T-case

Is the switch had to get to or replace??
Could I order one at a auto parts store?? $?

Sjconner

Reaction score
Where is the switch located exactly?? In thw best way you could describe..
I tried looking up a pic. But couldn't find anything.

Sjconner

Reaction score
And this may be a dumb question but can I test the actuator with the motor off and just the key forward?

Sjconner

Reaction score
Well, I just tried testing the actuator. And it didnt move..
But, ive looked and felt for the switch, I just cant find it.

Sjconner

Reaction score
There is no switch in the location I was told to look. Although, this may make a difference, my actuator is made of plastic with a 5 pin plug in.
I found a part that resembles the one you listed above at oriley. It's directly above the actuator. Right next to it.
It doesn't seem to have pins in it, but the screw has a pig tale running off of it. I followed the pigtale, and it connects to another pig tale, the connector is square, I opened it and it has a pins.
located right next to where the actuator pig tale connects to another.

Last edited:

86ccord

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
sounds like the same issue i had a while back. I ended up looking at the wiring under the truck, all my connectors were broke barely making a connection, wires were torn up. So i just rewired and put new connectors on. worked ever since.