4wd actuator broke flush with axle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
when I was doing a diff drop on my truck (2000 Denali), I accidentally broke the 4wd actuator off flush with where it mounts on the front diff in the axle extension thing. Im wondering the best way to fix it. I can buy another one, but im not sure how to remove the part that's inside the axle assembly.

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
How about a few pics so that we can see what you are dealing with. That way someone might be able to save you some grief and get you back in business.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Hammer and a screwdriver to unscrew what's left in there. Worst case, you remove the diff, open it up, and fish all the bits out of it before installing a new actuator. It's not that big of a job if it comes to it.

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it needed replaced anyway. What does the other end look like?
its flush with the little metal stick thing sticking out that mates into the hole in the picture. can it be driven (down the street) before I repair it or no

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
its flush with the little metal stick thing sticking out that mates into the hole in the picture. can it be driven (down the street) before I repair it or no

As long as it is not leaking it should not be a problem

Dd1994

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hammer and a screwdriver to unscrew what's left in there. Worst case, you remove the diff, open it up, and fish all the bits out of it before installing a new actuator. It's not that big of a job if it comes to it.
If it breaks off inside do I just need to remove the axle tube thing or the whole diff