4.3 TBI to 350 TBI swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once I get the computer back, is it okay if I ask you guys for tuning tips?
If I can... Look on his site and read the Introduction to tuning parts 1 & 2. Here's a link to a thread dedicated to the EBL which @rbob haunts (I know his email is different than his profile). 99 pages and still going :biggrin:

Edit: here's the link with the https:// removed
www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-prom/356351-tuning-ebl.html?ispreloading=1

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I decided to go with the EBL-FLASH 2 system.
One question: Will all of my gauges work (oil pressure, tac, speedo, temp, etc)? Or will I have to do mods?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moderately sure the instrument cluster is not affected. Your gauges are driven directly by sensors/sending units.
^^^This. Your 91 has a tach? FWIU it must be a late 91 then. Either way you can get your tach signal from the white wire on the coil like I did on my 88 for my Dakota Digital dash. All others should work fine. If you send your ECM in to be converted to the EBL, it shouldn't matter either way.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Hey guys! I got my ECM back in the mail today. I hope to install it in the truck next week and play around with it. I'll let you all know what happens.

PlayingWithTBI, thank you so much for the suggestion on this system!

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Does this computer come with a base tune? Will the truck start without any modifications done to the ECM as-is? How will I know where my baseline is?

I just want to know what to be prepared for.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does this computer come with a base tune? Will the truck start without any modifications done to the ECM as-is? How will I know where my baseline is?
It should have come with a CD containing "Base" tunes for different engines. Try one that's as close to what you have and go from there. IIRC I started with EBL_F_3000 but that was 2-1/2 years ago and I have CRS. What kind of power adders do you have on it or is it basically stock?