4.3 TBI to 350 TBI swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
I will get some pics tonight. Hopefully you guys may be able to help me out.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
What size rad (overall size) is normally in these trucks?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're saying the radiator is wider than the fan shroud.

Probably not a big deal as-is. You might find a wider shroud from a similar truck with a big-block; or a heavy-duty cooling option.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
You're saying the radiator is wider than the fan shroud.

Probably not a big deal as-is. You might find a wider shroud from a similar truck with a big-block; or a heavy-duty cooling option.
How should rad for in the rubbers? Because it doesn't look right to me.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rubber cushion at each tank. The rubber is formed to fit the shape of the bottom of the tank.

Sometimes rad supports have more than one set of holes stamped in them, the rubber cushion goes in the same place on one side, but the other side has multiple holes that the cushion can fit into, depending on the width of the radiator.

The top, "filler panel" may also be of different widths, or have the same sort of multiple-hole options depending on rad width.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The top, "filler panel" may also be of different widths, or have the same sort of multiple-hole options depending on rad width.
On my 88 the fan cowl holds the rad in place. When I put in a 3-row aluminum one I had to cut the rubber cushion (bottom right of pic) and the sides down some. Then I slit fuel line so it could insulate against vibration (and air flow) between the cowl and the rad :waytogo:
You must be registered for see images attach

Fit fine!
You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Thanks, guys!! I got it.

Now, the only issue is when I connect the MAP sensor vacuum line to the "F" port on the back of the TB, the truck starts and dies right after that. When I connect it to one of the front ports it runs fine. Any suggestions?