4.3 TBI to 350 TBI swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has shorty headers, No EGR, or cat. Other than, that stock.
You shouldn't have a problem starting up. Pay attention to what you have to disable so it'll go into "VE Learn" such as CL, HiWy (if you have it), EGR, & PE (in Scalars) - set them all to 250+. Then set the BLM Max/Min (in Tables) to 128. I strongly suggets you get a WBO2, it'll even tune up to WOT. All of this stuff is in the instructions on the CD. HTH :waytogo:

You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
Do these trucks have shift lights? If so, how do I make the one I have on my truck (stock cluster) work with the flash-2 system? Or will it just work?

Thanks!

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Do these trucks have shift lights? If so, how do I make the one I have on my truck (stock cluster) work with the flash-2 system? Or will it just work?

Thanks!

Anything on this?

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Do you really want a shift light? The factory has the shift light set for maximum fuel mileage and it can get annoying.

You kind of have a point. But, I would still like it to work, if I can get it too.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes it has one and you can set it to whatever RPM you want. I think it uses the output that's for the TCC on an auto trans but, you'll have to confirm that.
You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Now I'm having an issue of finding a fan shroud and rad that will fit each other. Currently, the rad I have sticks out passed the fan shroud. Is this okay? Can you guys help me figure this out.

Thanks!

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be fine, but you're not getting the full cooling capability of the radiator. Just make sure the edge of the shroud isn't digging into the cooling fins.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
"sticks out passed the fan shroud"

What does that mean? Photo?

I mean a portion of the core (on both sides) and the tanks stick out of both sides of the shroud. Unfortunately, I feel like my description doesn't make any sense, and I don't have pictures because the rad is not in the truck at this time.