4.3 TBI to 350 TBI swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrankieD61

The Stooge Called Slappy: Slappy'sAutoService
Reaction score
IDK, figure out what ECM you have now and look at the wiring diagram for it in the link I posted. Then look at the wiring diagram for the replacement ECM.

Yes, you need to look for a 7747 with the corresponding chip (PROM) for your set up. They're also in the link I posted under 1227747

Cool, thanks! What if I can't find the correct PROM? Is there a known solution for that?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if I can't find the correct PROM? Is there a known solution for that?
You can get one burned for you or modify your ECM for a flash chip that can be easily done in seconds but, that's a totally different conversation. See if you can find one 1st.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's as easy as setting the manual trans option but, as I said saving it to your PROM is a different story.
You must be registered for see images attach

FrankieD61

Reaction score
We're treading into hand holding territory here, I know. I just want you to know how much I appreciate everyone's patience on this.

With the above being said, where should I be looking? eBay? Do you guys know of any other web recourses that sell that type of stuff (computers and PROMS)? What will make my search easier? Search terms, etc?

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
where should I be looking? eBay? Do you guys know of any other web recourses that sell that type of stuff (computers and PROMS)?
I don't remember if you ever mentioned what service number ECM you have. Let's start there, it sits on a shelf behind the glove box, with spring clips, just slide it to your left (looking at it), disconnect the wire connectors, and pull it out. On the top should be printed "Service Number" and maybe your BCC (.bin). If not, pull the cover plate and look at the chip. Yours should look like the one on the right.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
I don't remember if you ever mentioned what service number ECM you have. Let's start there, it sits on a shelf behind the glove box, with spring clips, just slide it to your left (looking at it), disconnect the wire connectors, and pull it out. On the top should be printed "Service Number" and maybe your BCC (.bin). If not, pull the cover plate and look at the chip. Yours should look like the one on the right.
Service number: 16144288

PROM: 4765

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would this work for my truck. If so, I'm going to jump on it.
The ECM probably will but the ANLZ chip is for a 5.7L, 700R4 with 2.73 gears. You'll wanna get the correct PROM for your setup. Look at the link I posted, go to 1227747 and look up the BCC, in this case ANLZ.

Looking at your 4288 ECM on that link it doesn't show a wiring diagram so, I can't say if it'll be plug and play.

Another option is to look at the EBL Flash-II. He shows it's compatible with your 4288. You can ask if he has the "# of cylinders" option so you can run a 5.7L
www.dynamicefi.com/EBL_Flash.php

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Last night, I put in an E-Mail with Bob from dynamicefi. I let him know what my intentions were and what I currently have as an ECM.

We'll see what he says. I'll let you guys know.

FrankieD61

Reaction score
Last night, I put in an E-Mail with Bob from dynamicefi. I let him know what my intentions were and what I currently have as an ECM.

We'll see what he says. I'll let you guys know.

Bob said it can be done! I won't have to touch any pins or anything like that; plug and play. This is awesome! It's expensive, but I don't care. I want to get this thing running.

Once I get the computer back, is it okay if I ask you guys for tuning tips?