3M body Schutz Rubberized undercoating 08864

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
Ever since working in the auto body field for over 20 years, I have been a big fan of this product. I have been out of the field for a number of years but still use this on occasion and am doing so with my 94 K1500 step side.

I am looking for:
Bulk prices by the case or a 5 gallon bucket of this. Anyone have any suggestions on where to find a good deal?

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never seen it in a 5g bucket. Most of us are noticing some 3m products are not what they once were. I think 3m is one of those companies that has their Jobbers on a price structure in order to sell the products so generally there aren't deep discounts to be had. I often find online retailers are selling 3m products within a few dollars on what I can get stuff at shop cost.

We're using U-Pol Gravitex where I'm at. Most of us like it better.

Generally speaking, we've got away from the heavy undercoating. It works fine if there's no corrosion present, but if there is, a heavy bodied undercoat doesn't prevent metal from rusting under it. You just don't see it happening.

Rcn11thacr

Reaction score
I have never heard of this being sold as anything other than the quart size either, which is why I asked here if anyone had. Thanks for the input. I’ll have zero rust and want to keep it that way. The reason why I am focusing on this now is I moved from Florida to South Dakota, so there is plenty of reason to be concerned about salt and corrosion here.
I’ll check out the product you mentioned and see how it compares to what I am familiar with. Thank for your thoughts on this.