37" Toyoz FINALLY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How's the steering handling those big meats? I've got a '93 K1500 with a 6" Pro Comp, BDS drop spindles/upper a-arms, and minor crank up front to about 7 inches with unsettled 5.5" SkyJacker Softride leafs in the back that sit a lil over 6 inches on 35" BFG A/T's with some 37x13.50 Toyo M/T's waiting on me. Just wondering if I should be worried about the stock steering or if everything will be ok and I'm just paranoid.. haha

Great truck man!

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No dude the steering is perfection...I'm about to install a steering stabilizer (no reason just to do it) but the thing drives and handles great...it's amazing. The Toyos have a nice slight humm too (nowhere near annoying) just the right amount. You'll be very happy trust me.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
AHHHH perfect man. That's just what I needed to hear. And to think I was considering selling my 37's cuz I was worried they would be too heavy for the IFS and stock steering. The insanity.... haha

I might still look into trying to find some kits like cognito's tie rods and pitman/idler arm kits and maybe a steering box brace just for peace of mind. Granted all of cognito's stuff is for NBS's and so far I haven't been able to find anything for our OBS's, but it never hurts to keep looking. Might just have to end up custom fabbing some stuff.... hmmm :hmm:

Last edited:

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Do what you do man but no problems here....it's just as smooth as my 35's were but the added weight actually keeps the truck grounded more and there is less banging around when you hit a pothole...it's kind of hard to describe...On IFS stuff, just always replace everything with MOOG parts and for HUB bearings go with TIMKEN...I did all the Balljoints and especially hubs when the tires went on and I think that helps alot and helps you keep track of how hard they are wearing the parts. So far all is well though man. Just know you're going to love it and brainstorm on the peace of mind stuff in the meantime, but once you get them out doing 70+ you'll understand :D

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If anything though, just make sure you have atleast 4.56's...That's what I'm running and they are great. I actually gained some top end MPG on highway but my take off speed went down a tad but these tires actually mellowed out the gears a little I like it alot better than being over peppy and running out of gear at 75-80...Just makin' sure you got gears...they make ALL the difference.

zigsz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
yea i went ahead and bit the bullet a while ago and made the jump to 4.88's after going through 2 transmissions with 3.42 gears and 35's... and i had my front end completely rebuilt before my lift went on and before i got mechanically savvy enough to do stuff myself with any sort of confidence :cheers: