357,000 Mile 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Photo drop. I have a coolant leak so while I parked the truck to figure that out I fixed some rust... LOL “fixed”

You must be registered for see images attach

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not worried about coolant leak it’s at the front bumper and the radiator is hundred 180 bucks so because the upper and lower hoses are dry pretty sure there’s a crack or a bad seal near a fitting near the bottom. This was more satisfying today.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not worried about coolant leak it’s at the front bumper and the radiator is hundred 180 bucks so because the upper and lower hoses are dry pretty sure there’s a crack or a bad seal near a fitting near the bottom. This was more satisfying today.

Nice job dude. Hope my cab corner comes out as good. I think it will, but we have rain in the forecast for the next week about.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job dude. Hope my cab corner comes out as good. I think it will, but we have rain in the forecast for the next week about.
Thanks! Your cab corner looks correct. I’ll check it out once you finish

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
One thing about these burbs... seems to be plenty of areas for potential coolant leaks lol
Probably the tank has a hairline crack in it. That's what happened to my original radiator in my Burb, back in 2017. Cost me $270, but that was a radiator shop doing the job and they had it ready in three hours. I could've done the swap, but didn't have the time.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably the tank has a hairline crack in it. That's what happened to my original radiator in my Burb, back in 2017. Cost me $270, but that was a radiator shop doing the job and they had it ready in three hours. I could've done the swap, but didn't have the time.

I’d be happy if it was the radiator. Drove it 2500 mi since I got it Super Bowl Sunday and this is the first leak. Also attached this little badge bc I have wireless charging, cooled seats and CarPlay LOL

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I’d be happy if it was the radiator. Drove it 2500 mi since I got it Super Bowl Sunday and this is the first leak. Also attached this little badge bc I have wireless charging, cooled seats and CarPlay LOL

If it's dripping around the front bumper, probably so. Another thing about these plastic tank radiators is they have gaskets between the tanks and core that shrink and cause leaks. My previous 99 Burb was in a minor wreck a couple months before the wreck that totalled it. The seal between the tanks and the core got disturbed, and it needed water every morning. And the insurance adjuster didn't catch that damage either.....even though we told them!