357,000 Mile 1996 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you considered one of these bezels?

Carxtc Double Din Install Car Stereo Dash Kit for a Aftermarket Radio Fits 1995-1999 Chevy Suburban, Yukon and Tahoe Trim Bezel is Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Z9Q5WHY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_W1DTSR1VVW995A1CV3JH

I bought the Metra dash kit bezel but the reason I keep taking it off the trim is that it still doesn’t fit. I will update the post to show what it looks like with the trim kit on it. It’s a Boss audio and doesn’t seem to go in all the way.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the truck back last night still have to bolt the passenger & second row seats in but really wanted to get it back since I have a kayak trip coming up. Better pictures once I place seat bolts down and vacuum!

I’m so glad I didn’t do this job, paid a buddy $200 & gave him $50 tip.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. Keep those mats there hard to find

They are damn heavy too! Was wondering the forums opinion on the two tone mats vs carpet. I am very good at the SEM paint process. Do you think I should respray them in Lt Neutral like my interior, or black since carpet is black and door panels and seats are lt neutral (tan). I would prep them right.

Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are damn heavy too! Was wondering the forums opinion on the two tone mats vs carpet. I am very good at the SEM paint process. Do you think I should respray them in Lt Neutral like my interior, or black since carpet is black and door panels and seats are lt neutral (tan). I would prep them right.

Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would match the mats to the seats to try and balance the 2 tone. Heres mine. Similar but opposite.

AshleySellsCars

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so I finished my work today. Leaving the last seat out for the week to take kayaks with me on a trip.

cleaned up the trim pieces, floor mats and finally finished trimming the dash so the head unit fits perfect and flush.