$350 1999 C3500 CCLB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Part of the trick with designing a paint job and /or graphics is coming up with something that doesn't look dated..

Haha dated dont bother me I like old junk

Ive even considered this idea too just white on sides not the white top

You must be registered for see images attach

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally started strengthening the bed flares on the inside.
Not much to say I'll let the pics talk

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright I'm certain the paint scheme has been decided and I believe @1ton-o-fun will approve of it lol. I took his idea and put a twist on it

Going to use paint scheme off a buddies truck
So going with a metallic brown and cream. But in the cream we're going the put in ghost flames with a hint of a copper or gold. Not certain on that part yet

Pic just for example of how mild I'm thinking on flames

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Alright I'm certain the paint scheme has been decided and I believe @1ton-o-fun will approve of it lol. I took his idea and put a twist on it that I like

So going with a metallic brown and cream. But in the cream we're going the put in ghost flames with a hint of a copper or gold. Not certain on that part yet

I saw a 16 Chevy CCSB today that was a gorgeous metallic brown. What I would call a Hershey's Chocolate bar label color, or UPS truck brown, but with some flakes in it. Not quite as dark as the square body in your picture (though that is metallic too. My 79 Burb was that color combo. Dark chocolate and cream gravy....).
My dad would have liked your friend's truck! He had the 3 bar spinners on the center caps on that 79 Burb, on the silver truck rally wheels. When we got the Burb, it had the skinny white wheels and dog dish caps. We were using it for swap meets, hauling parts and crates of vintage ads and brochures. (Lots of paper stuff that's heavy.) After a sketchy trip to Oklahoma from Houston(500 miles each way) where we bought a couple tires on the road at Western Auto, we put the rallys and better tires. Eventually put 3/4 ton leafs on it ; if the truck hadn't started rusting badly and the turbo 350 hadn't seen better days, we were going to install a 14 bolt full floater and the 1 ton front suspension.

Last edited:

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Nice!

*Side note* I've always liked the square body's truck rally wheels.

I had told myself that it would be too much trouble to change my dark blue interior to something that would go with the dark autumn wood or Pullman browns, but it's not as bad as I thought. It might be doable for me.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks to both.

@HotWheelsBurban
I like the spinners also those came off my blue 88 but I had the steelies a darker grey. And my friend would love to had the white wheels with the dog dishes. Those always seem to be his favorite lol.

@1ton-o-fun
I was set on going with a darkened baby blue with white and at that time I wasnt thinking of the brown interior and when I finally thought about it. I knew That wasnt going to work lol. So now here we are with brown and cream

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thanks to both.

@HotWheelsBurban
I like the spinners also those came off my blue 88 but I had the steelies a darker grey. And my friend would love to had the white wheels with the dog dishes. Those always seem to be his favorite lol.

@1ton-o-fun
I was set on going with a darkened baby blue with white and at that time I wasnt thinking of the brown interior and when I finally thought about it. I knew That wasnt going to work lol. So now here we are with brown and cream
I think all we have left of that Burb is a dog dish or 2 and maybe an old license plate. Sold off a bunch of our inoperable vehicles several years ago to get the city off our back, and to pay back taxes on the property. Made a lot of memories with that old Burb though!
For the swap meets, we ended up getting a 90 R2500 Burb to haul the paper. Did that well, and also great in high water; it just rinsed the running boards off LOL! He got sold too, got the 99 Burb now, and if I need to haul more than it will hold, that's what U haul is for.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Alright I'm certain the paint scheme has been decided and I believe @1ton-o-fun will approve of it lol. I took his idea and put a twist on it

Now that will look badass!!

Nice!

*Side note* I've always liked the square body's truck rally wheels.

I had told myself that it would be too much trouble to change my dark blue interior to something that would go with the dark autumn wood or Pullman browns, but it's not as bad as I thought. It might be doable for me.

Can't wait to see how yours turns out!

I've always liked the square body rallys as well, they look good on any GM truck IMO

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers