3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any rubbage?
It’s going to rub up front and in the rear. I’ll have to do some trimming on the fender lips. I don’t think I can get the front to be level with the rear, tires would never clear the fender. It pokes just enough. Still needs a real alignment.

And the brakes are still not operating correctly. With the truck off the pedal is firm. While running it is extremely mushy and goes right to the floor. No leaks as far as I can see. I let everything dry for 2 days before putting the wheels on and there was zero fluid anywhere.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! No trim rings yet, you still working up the courage to bang them on? First 2 pics it looks level, 3rd-maybe slightly higher in front. Did you ever confirm that it was higher?

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks great! No trim rings yet, you still working up the courage to bang them on? First 2 pics it looks level, 3rd-maybe slightly higher in front. Did you ever confirm that it was higher?
It’s higher in the front for sure. It might level out some and I’ll just be happy with that. Don’t want to tear into it all over again.

Timberens showed up today for the rear. Looking forward to solving that issue finally.

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that looks soooo good!
Sucks about the brakes. What method are you using to bleed them?

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude that looks soooo good!
Sucks about the brakes. What method are you using to bleed them?
Standard method. Pump, hold, crack fitting, close fitting before brake is to the floor.

I tightened up a line off the combination valve. I’m sure there is air in the system somewhere. It’s going back up on stands tonight so I can start on the steering box. Then after that I can look at the brakes again.

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Standard method. Pump, hold, crack fitting, close fitting before brake is to the floor.

I tightened up a line off the combination valve. I’m sure there is air in the system somewhere. It’s going back up on stands tonight so I can start on the steering box. Then after that I can look at the brakes again.
Could be one of those instances where, “once you think it’s good, keep goin” applies. Like mixing paint. I’m sure you’ll get it.

One modification I will use when doing the standard method, is submerging the hose that’s hanging off the bleeder in brake fluid. Usually a hole drilled in a soda bottle with a secondary smaller hole next to it for a vent. The submerged hose gar-an-dam-tees no air gets back in from the bleeder.

This can also be used as a 1-man bleed. Crack the bleeder with the hose submerged then slowly pump the brakes a few times. Tighten the bleeder and your set.

I use this when I’m by myself and my pressure bleeder dosnt have an adapter for the daggum, pos, old af, garbage, ford I’m working on.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Could be one of those instances where, “once you think it’s good, keep goin” applies. Like mixing paint. I’m sure you’ll get it.

One modification I will use when doing the standard method, is submerging the hose that’s hanging off the bleeder in brake fluid. Usually a hole drilled in a soda bottle with a secondary smaller hole next to it for a vent. The submerged hose gar-an-dam-tees no air gets back in from the bleeder.

This can also be used as a 1-man bleed. Crack the bleeder with the hose submerged then slowly pump the brakes a few times. Tighten the bleeder and your set.

I use this when I’m by myself and my pressure bleeder dosnt have an adapter for the daggum, pos, old af, garbage, ford I’m working on.
Or for $10 getcha the Lisle 19200 brake bleeding kit. I've had mine for longer than I care to remember and it's almost time to replace it. Been a very valuable but simple tool. In fact, I think I'll go ahead and order one just so I'll have it for "next time"

www.amazon.com/Lisle-19200-Brake-Bleeding-Kit/dp/B0009OMY9M

Richard

Orpedcrow

Supporting Member
Reaction score