3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was working on the other side and my dad’s 1/2” Snappy ratchet locked up. Never tore one down but I did today! He said the only time it had been opened up was when the dealer swapped in a fine-tooth head for him. As suspected it was bone dry. So I cleaned it out and put some red chassis grease in there and it’s never worked better.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrenching this week because I’m on vacation. Never thought I’d take a vacation where I do nothing but swear and get greasy.

Anyways, scored a very nice set of original extended cab floor mats off of FB. $85 isn’t bad and these aren’t reproduced.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
gettin after it!
those floor mats look really nice.
Found them as soon as they were listed. Couldn’t pass them up. I’m going to order Holley reproductions for the front eventually. Oddly sentimental, but I’ve got my set from the ‘92 in there now because they were my dads. They’re tired and I should toss them.

QLONA

Reaction score
I had the same issue with that ttx line when I replace the upper ball joints on my truck. If you order the complete kit that they sell on RockAuto, they dont supply the correct ones. I had to return those and ordered TXMS50574, those fit perfect on the control arm along with the cage. Just a heads up for anyone looking to insatll the TTX line. Awesome thread BTW, you've made some great progress!

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Found them as soon as they were listed. Couldn’t pass them up. I’m going to order Holley reproductions for the front eventually. Oddly sentimental, but I’ve got my set from the ‘92 in there now because they were my dads. They’re tired and I should toss them.
The light gray Holley reproductions I got LOOK nice, and they're a heavy, pliable material - but something about them is definitely different than OEM. I've just moved my truck around a little bit since installing them and they suck up every bit of dirt off my shoes, even shoes that I didn't think were dirty (I sweep the garage floor frequently...) so I'm a little bummed about it. I'm foreseeing the need to frequently scrub 'em clean.. anyway, will likely be far less of an issue on the darker colors as these are really light, but still.

I had the same issue with that ttx line when I replace the upper ball joints on my truck. If you order the complete kit that they sell on RockAuto, they dont supply the correct ones. I had to return those and ordered TXMS50574, those fit perfect on the control arm along with the cage. Just a heads up for anyone looking to insatll the TTX line. Awesome thread BTW, you've made some great progress!
Man, you think the support calls he made to Mevotech would have sorted that out. That's not confidence-inspiring.

Richard

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty good day at the salvage yard! I snagged a WT headlight harness, 2 compass/temp mirrors, temp probes, and a really nice evaporator core foam cover. It’s like new. One mirror will go in this truck and the other for the ‘94. A nice upgrade.