3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the brake hose bracket installed the rivets don’t sit level on the arm. I was going to put washers under the remaining studs to even it out. Is this a bad idea?
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one. The washers probably won’t hurt anything. Just make sure you still have a couple threads hanging out the bottom of the nut when they’re torqued down.
I’ve had my brackets, hose clamped to my control arms since installation.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The threads just barely make it through the nut. The FSM says install the bolts from the bottom up. So I’m doing that. Good enough for GM, good enough for me. I doubt they’ll ever back out. I’ve got nylon lock nuts that I will use.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
M
Man I feel like they really dropped the ball on this one. The washers probably won’t hurt anything. Just make sure you still have a couple threads hanging out the bottom of the nut when they’re torqued down.
I’ve had my brackets, hose clamped to my control arms since installation.
My next build will be sponsored by Dorman or any other parts store brand.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t suppose that one bolt could come out, then brake line bracket could go on top with removed feeding down through both?

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t suppose that one bolt could come out, then brake line bracket could go on top with removed feeding down through both?
It can’t come out easily. I got some fresh hardware so I can install it close to OEM.