3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I knew what I meant when I was thinking about it :Moon:

Some of the roads that lead out of my brain are bumpy and full of potholes. Stuff falls off and gets lost in the voids on the way out. :banana-mario:
Ha, it makes sense when I went back and read it. I was just not thinking right. I’ll blame the tree clean up I did today and being in the sun! I guess if I have to modify the uppers, so be it. It’s not my first choice…

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
May have covered this previously and I missed it but I'll kick the can that direction anyway. Are the upper arms a different part number for the two GVWRs? Perhaps you've somehow gotten lighter GVWR upper arms you're trying to mate the heavier joints onto causing the clearance issue?

Again, I'm spitballing here and haven't checked any part listings.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
May have covered this previously and I missed it but I'll kick the can that direction anyway. Are the upper arms a different part number for the two GVWRs? Perhaps you've somehow gotten lighter GVWR upper arms you're trying to mate the heavier joints onto causing the clearance issue?

Again, I'm spitballing here and haven't checked any part listings.
Good point. The arms are different between the two GVWRs. I do have the 8600lb GVWR 2500 and these are the correct arms for this truck. 7200lb GVWR trucks have arms similar to half tons.

I did verify that I ordered the correct ball joint for my application.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good point. The arms are different between the two GVWRs. I do have the 8600lb GVWR 2500 and these are the correct arms for this truck. 7200lb GVWR trucks have arms similar to half tons.

I did verify that I ordered the correct ball joint for my application.
The 7200lb upper a-arms are stamped and 8600lb are forged. So, yeah you’ve definitely have the 8600lb.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 7200lb upper a-arms are stamped and 8600lb are forged. So, yeah you’ve definitely have the 8600lb.
I recall there being some sort of number on the arms. I will have to see if I can find them and try to google them. They have to come off anyways. I need to clean up the ears on the frame. I put that Rustoleum on it but that wasn’t a great idea. The ridges on the bushing end caps are having a hard time getting a good bite on the metal. Or maybe they just need torqued more

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No response yet. Started on the other side tonight but the ball joint nuts are on tighter than he’ll. I’m going to remove the upper ball joint from the arm and then let it all down as an assembly.

If I can’t get anything going with Mevotech, which upper ball joints should I use? Moog’s problem solver line? AC Delco? Dorman:gr_grin:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I
No response yet. Started on the other side tonight but the ball joint nuts are on tighter than he’ll. I’m going to remove the upper ball joint from the arm and then let it all down as an assembly.

If I can’t get anything going with Mevotech, which upper ball joints should I use? Moog’s problem solver line? AC Delco? Dorman:gr_grin:
I was pleased with the Moog Problem Solvers UBJs that I used on my Burb in 2018. They've held up well, in spite of probably not being greased as frequently as they should be. They cost $50 each, even with the commercial account discount. But I feel they are worth it.
But I have read their current quality isn't what it should be.... Mine were American made.

j 1985 chevy

Reaction score
Figure I’d start one of these. Will be slow going for a bit. Plans are:
Upgraded audio
Tint
Exhaust
5/7 drop
Rust repair
Wheels/tires
Helper bags

Might change my mind with the drop. Want to keep it functional and the roads in IL are garbage, but it’s where I live and I’ve always wanted a lowered truck. I’ve got a second truck to daily if needed.

158K miles, motor replaced at 125K with a low mileage unit. 350/4L80e, 4.10s. It’s maroon interior and is a little dingy but will clean up great with a bit of work. I really like the 88-94 dash but this is growing on me. Truck is originally from Utah and hasn’t been in the Midwest long. It was sold in an estate sale when the owner died and sat for 2 years, which is how I think it started to rust. Anyways, here is the truck.

You must be registered for see images attach
Look good

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I

I was pleased with the Moog Problem Solvers UBJs that I used on my Burb in 2018. They've held up well, in spite of probably not being greased as frequently as they should be. They cost $50 each, even with the commercial account discount. But I feel they are worth it.
But I have read their current quality isn't what it should be.... Mine were American made.
Yeah I have heard more bad than good lately. Thanks for your input:)
I’d call them.
On the to-do list for this afternoon.