3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update from Mevotech. I don’t believe they are correct that the OEM upper ball joints were non-greaseable.
You must be registered for see images attach

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update from Mevotech. I don’t believe they are correct that the OEM upper ball joints were non-greaseable.
They still haven’t addressed the raised lettering issue. So, they are saying you have some type of aftermarket a-arms that are incompatible with their ball joint? Even if you use OEM arms, the lettering still interferes right?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good day at the yard. @618 Syndicate i did not find seats for you.

I did find a damage-free 94+ WT grille that will be going on my ‘94. Also everything for a hydroboost swap on the Sierra. Couple odds and ends, clutch pedal, air dam with tow hook provisions. Two OEM mirrors, while they may not look great they are solid. They will clean up.

Took a lot of parts off this truck. ‘95 K3500 with an NV4500 behind a 5.7. It had been in a flood at one point. 150K on it.

Thanks for looking out

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They still haven’t addressed the raised lettering issue. So, they are saying you have some type of aftermarket a-arms that are incompatible with their ball joint? Even if you use OEM arms, the lettering still interferes right?
Yeah I pressed further on that. I’m starting to question this whole thing.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is an update from Mevotech.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Current product has since been updated to relocate the TTX embossing, however as the marking does not affect all models, this was not a recourse for calling the parts back. Some installers simply grounded
down the embossing depending on the application.”

So they updated the part, acknowledging they ef’d up the part, but don’t feel responsible for older ef’d up parts still out there. They could’ve at least offered to exchange for updated part. All’s I got at this point is grind inside of a-arms a “bit” and flatten TTX off. :shrug:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
“Current product has since been updated to relocate the TTX embossing, however as the marking does not affect all models, this was not a recourse for calling the parts back. Some installers simply grounded
down the embossing depending on the application.”

So they updated the part, acknowledging they ef’d up the part, but don’t feel responsible for older ef’d up parts still out there. They could’ve at least offered to exchange for updated part. All’s I got at this point is grind inside of a-arms a “bit” and flatten TTX off. :shrug:
Yeah I’m not super pleased with the responses. I did do something potentially stupid. I ordered 2 Mevotech upper arms. I am going to see if their ballpoint fits. If it does, great. I’ll put new arms on. If not, they will be sent back and I’ll fire off another email.

Why is this stupid? Because I’m giving them more money so I can have products that solve what should be a non-issue. It’s like they won. I need ball joints, and they seem to last, so they got me.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’m not super pleased with the responses. I did do something potentially stupid. I ordered 2 Mevotech upper arms. I am going to see if their ballpoint fits. If it does, great. I’ll put new arms on. If not, they will be sent back and I’ll fire off another email.

Why is this stupid? Because I’m giving them more money so I can have products that solve what should be a non-issue. It’s like they won. I need ball joints, and they seem to last, so they got me.
I actually was going to suggest that earlier, but figured you were too pi$$ed at them. Aside from all the BS, And am totally pleased with the TTX parts I’m using.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually was going to suggest that earlier, but figured you were too pi$$ed at them. Aside from all the BS, And am totally pleased with the TTX parts I’m using.
See, threads like yours make me excited to have them. Threads like mine make me displeased. I just want to get this thing on the ground and have it done. I want to drive it so bad.

Anyways, I’m posting this here, too. I did a 2-step paint correction on my WT today. It’s still got some swirls and fine scratches. I blame my skill set first and maybe a poor choice of products second. Had a lot of fun nonetheless.

Attachments

• 0A24688A-CF1E-4B25-A59A-279B8730510A.jpeg
    0A24688A-CF1E-4B25-A59A-279B8730510A.jpeg
    564.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 5CD6CEB9-3E34-4787-A909-A6E539F750A9.jpeg
    5CD6CEB9-3E34-4787-A909-A6E539F750A9.jpeg
    600.2 KB · Views: 11

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last 10% always takes 90% of the time it seems. Are you going to bother swapping out the rubber bushings. I’d keep them, I prefer them myself.