3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, that truck deserves better then. :waytogo:
I am going to put this bed on the ‘92 for my dad when he takes it back (sans motor of course :crazy: ) and I’ll scrap its bed. I want to cut off the drivers side and keep it for potential garage art some day. He says when I go buy a bed I should also just pick up a cab for him! Fella doesn’t even have the keys back and is already building it in his head.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should keep you busy for an afternoon. I replaced all bushings front to back with energy suspension bushings on my 89. The bushings go together so easily. No need for a press or anything. I always wondered why we don’t use these from the factory.
A smooth ride sells vehicles. I get what you’re saying to a certain extent though. I’m looking forward to the upgrade. This truck does ride really good as-is.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The body mount saga continues. LMC sent the wrong hardware. Don’t know what it is, but it’s wrong. The rear cab mount bolts for the extended cab are class 10.9 M12x1.50x120 M12x1.75x110 They sent an M14 or something. Of course TSC doesn’t have it, Ace has everything but M12x1.50 in that length. McMaster Carr better have it!

Everything else is done.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM still sells GM 11516868(Bolt/screw - body, m12x1. 75x110). That’s the correct size I believe.
You must be registered for see images attach

Attachments

• IMG_4847.jpeg
    IMG_4847.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4846.jpeg
    IMG_4846.jpeg
    370.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
GM still sells GM 11516868(Bolt/screw - body, m12x1. 75x110). That’s the correct size I believe.
You must be registered for see images attach
You know, I was just looking at some other threads that had the bolt sizes and they said they were 1.75 pitch, as you pointed out. Also that the bolts were all 110mm, which I guess must be true. I should find the bolt that didn’t break and see if it’s the same size as the others. It doesn’t seem long enough to fit. I’ll check tomorrow before I order anything.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know, I was just looking at some other threads that had the bolt sizes and they said they were 1.75 pitch, as you pointed out. Also that the bolts were all 110mm, which I guess must be true. I should find the bolt that didn’t break and see if it’s the same size as the others. It doesn’t seem long enough to fit. I’ll check tomorrow before I order anything.
Yes, except front radiator mount bolt’s which are: Bolt, rad supt(m12x1. 75x115)

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, except front radiator mount bolt’s which are: Bolt, rad supt(m12x1. 75x115)
Yeah, and mine were pretty much seized when I loosened them to lift the body. Got them free. I’ll need to order new rad supports at some point. All the new bolts got a healthy coating of anti seize, at least.

McMaster has a ton of affordable hardware. I’d never really looked on their site before. I think from now on I will just order from them.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back to Ace for the correct hardware. Should be good to rock and roll tonight and get the body bolted down. Once I get the bed square I will check wheel gap to make sure the axle is in straight.