3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cleaned up the frame and test fitted the notches. I will have to clearance the drivers side shock mount a little bit. Maybe 1/4” or less to get things centered. Tomorrow I’ll hit the areas again with some wire wheels to get them ready for welding.
You must be registered for see images attach

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some late night work on my OEM tail lights from the salvage yard. Before and after.
I used 800, 1500, and 2000 grit sandpaper with some ONR in a bottle. I then used Adam’s compound on my DA polisher. I need to hit the edges with some compound and then polish it.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remove suspension load as in removing the leaves? Or just place the truck on stands on the frame? I saw a video from Reklez where they installed it without removing any suspension components.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Additionally: someone recommend me some bump stops. I don’t like the Belltech ones. They look wimpy.
Sorry, stands. No need to remove anything. I like the mushroom style small bumpstops, the bigger ones limit travel too soon.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am ready for these notches to be installed this week. Frame is cleaned up, it’s centered, they are straight.

I am going to have the fabricator weld the axle breather/brake line bracket to the notch. That way it is close to its original location.

Hopefully this weekend I can get the axle out. Need to order my gear oil, cover, gasket, and brake kit… and fuel lines, brake lines. I think that’s it for now :Pshyco:

I can’t wait to get rid of the terrible walker muffler and dual tailpipes. They aren’t bent right so they angle down too much at the exit. The stock muffler without the converter sounds terrible. I am going to run a single in/dual out Super 10.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am ready for these notches to be installed this week. Frame is cleaned up, it’s centered, they are straight.

I am going to have the fabricator weld the axle breather/brake line bracket to the notch. That way it is close to its original location.

Hopefully this weekend I can get the axle out. Need to order my gear oil, cover, gasket, and brake kit… and fuel lines, brake lines. I think that’s it for now :Pshyco:

I can’t wait to get rid of the terrible walker muffler and dual tailpipes. They aren’t bent right so they angle down too much at the exit. The stock muffler without the converter sounds terrible. I am going to run a single in/dual out Super 10.
Super 10 sounds good but they drone on the highway...

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today I finalized the frame. A friend of mine said I should get it as shiny as possible to get good welds. So I did.

Attachments

• 8471A587-4C75-4523-8CFA-C05E8BE4DB97.jpeg
    8471A587-4C75-4523-8CFA-C05E8BE4DB97.jpeg
    268.8 KB · Views: 15
  • A66C5CD1-DC00-454B-B0E7-35201F919929.jpeg
    A66C5CD1-DC00-454B-B0E7-35201F919929.jpeg
    516.9 KB · Views: 15

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t grab any photos of the job tonight - major mistake! But they are installed. Tomorrow we will cut out the middle section and install the plates. Right now I’m working on my tails. Just applied 3M headlight/taillight clear coat. They still look wet. 15 minutes from now I’ll apply a second coat.

fancyTBI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
First time ever wrapping lights. These parking lights have a layer of “amber”, which is actually just yellow once it was applied, and a layer of light smoke wrap over top. I will be paring these with nice lights so I don’t lose any functionality. Thoughts? Top is stock. The headlights and taillights will receive light smoke.