3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just had an epiphany. There is a section of brake line on the rear axle that I think is sitting higher than the wheel cylinder. Air is trapped in there.

Dealer is gonna have a good laugh at that. Now it’s less of the wallet wrench and more of the stupid tax.

Edit:
Found a photo of the culprit.
That's not it.

Been doing some reading here an other places this week. Clamped off my rear line an after a few pumps I had an awesome pedal.

Tore the rear back apart, ran the shoes out till I could hear them slighty drag an it's pretty decent now. Not squarebody level, but definitely better than it's ever been since I've had the truck. I kinda want to adjust them out more but also dont want to go to far. I think they were so far out the auto adjust wasn't able to do anything. Just a pita on mine with the flip as I can't get anything in there to adjust without taking the ubolts off an raising the axle.:doh2:

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's not it.

Been doing some reading here an other places this week. Clamped off my rear line an after a few pumps I had an awesome pedal.

Tore the rear back apart, ran the shoes out till I could hear them slighty drag an it's pretty decent now. Not squarebody level, but definitely better than it's ever been since I've had the truck. I kinda want to adjust them out more but also dont want to go to far. I think they were so far out the auto adjust wasn't able to do anything. Just a pita on mine with the flip as I can't get anything in there to adjust without taking the ubolts off a raising the axle.:doh2:
Glad yours is better. I need to make a tool so I can get to the adjuster without removing the drums. Mine are fully adjusted though. And Vaessen’s still hasn’t worked on it yet.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad yours is better. I need to make a tool so I can get to the adjuster without removing the drums. Mine are fully adjusted though. And Vaessen’s still hasn’t worked on it yet.
I doubt my abs or master was bad now. The proportion valve is supposed to build pressure in the rear first then send it to the front while also not locking the rears. So if they don't figure it out, I'd try blocking the rear an see if you get a good pedal. I guess the combo valve on the side of the abs does the same job. Pretty sure that was my issue all along, in this truck anyhow. I should have set them up how I always do an not followed the manual I guess. :shrug:

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At least y’all can access the adjusters without pulling the drums. I think I’m going to drill holes in my backing plates…

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I doubt my abs or master was bad now. The proportion valve is supposed to build pressure in the rear first then send it to the front while also not locking the rears. So if they don't figure it out, I'd try blocking the rear a see if you get a good pedal. I guess the combo valve on the side of the abs does the same job. Pretty sure that was my issue all along, in this truck anyhow. I should have set them up how I always do a not followed the manual I guess. :shrug:
Might could. I bled the combination valve. Was getting good fluid. I don’t have any hoses to block off now - mine are all braided stainless. I’ll need to get some plugs for the valve. I’ve only got one plunger on mine. The rear is just a plug.