3/4 Ton of fun - ‘95 Sierra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So the tapered stud that goes into the spindle is different?

I looked at several narrowed arms last night, nfamus still makes theirs to order, I bet a 2500 upper ball joint could be specd, but it’s probably more cost effective to just lift the rear and space them out like you’re planning. Or sell your wheels and buy some with a different offset.

Plus we all know how much you love doing front suspension work….
The Mevotech stuff better last me 300K. If OE can last that long on the ‘92 then there’s no reason this shouldn’t… kidding.

You are right. The front sits great with the wheels on. The shackles claim 1.5” of lift which I would be happy with but I don’t see that being true. Getting spacers from a reputable source, longer studs, and doing the brakes while I’m in there will make me feel much better in the end if it looks alright.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran aluminum spacers on a Mercedes to clear the AMG brakes in the rear, never had an issue, even at very illegal speeds.
We run aluminum hub-centric spacers on the front of our BMW on track. Several years ago we had a wheel loosen up at speed. The driver felt it and eased the car back to the pits. We re-tightened the lugs and a few laps later it was loose again. Somehow the spacer had wallered out. We had a spare set of spacers and threw them on to finish the race - we pitched the old spacers into the scrap pile. We've never figured out what happened with that spacer, but we suspect that someone may not have torqued the lugs properly, and that ruined the spacer. We've run for years since without that problem.

The takeaway is that aluminum hub-centric spacers are very safe and reliable, but if they're damaged in any way you must replace them.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We run aluminum hub-centric spacers on the front of our BMW on track. Several years ago we had a wheel loosen up at speed. The driver felt it and eased the car back to the pits. We re-tightened the lugs and a few laps later it was loose again. Somehow the spacer had wallered out. We had a spare set of spacers and threw them on to finish the race - we pitched the old spacers into the scrap pile. We've never figured out what happened with that spacer, but we suspect that someone may not have torqued the lugs properly, and that ruined the spacer. We've run for years since without that problem.

The takeaway is that aluminum hub-centric spacers are very safe and reliable, but if they're damaged in any way you must replace them.

I'm kinda surprised spacers are legal in Lemons, or maybe they don't check.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm kinda surprised spacers are legal in Lemons, or maybe they don't check.
We've actually had more problems with wheel studs than with spacers. Quick tip to any aspiring racers - check your wheel studs for looseness before every race. If any feel loose, pull them and check to make sure they're not damaged or stretched. Reinstall to the appropriate torque with fresh thread lock.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lift shackle showed up today. Gonna have to either buy a wrench to shave down or get a set of those special thin ones.
You must be registered for see images attach