2DR TAHOE OWNERS( DJM FLIPKIT & C-NOTCH )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with DJM and one of their reps and trust me, you do not want to talk the guy I just dealt with. Lucky for him I did not take his name down. I called to get some information on their c-notches and this guy pretty much told me not to do a notch on my 2dr Tahoe. He told the front would be a piece of cake but the back, forget about it. He really didn't go into any detail, maybe because he was too busy to deal with a potential new customer. I really do want to drop my Hoe but if it's going to ruin my ridability, I rather not. So I guess my question is, How bad is my rear suspension going to be after a flip kit and a c-notch install?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
If you do this, use the new Belltech performance shocks. These are quite firm, but this is required as the angle of the shocks is more 'laid-out', compared to the stock angles. Additionally, you may want to run helper bags, if you carry any kind of load. You don't need the big helpers. The small ones that I used are rated to carry 5000lbs. Way more than what I would attempt to carry in a lowered truck. Usually kept them a round 20-35 psi. Greatly improved the ride & handling.
Or... you could move your upper shock mount locations. When I moved mine, they were moved 3" back on the passesnger side, & 2" forward on the driver's side. Although, I did this on a rcsb, so I don't know if you will have the room for this under a Tahoe, seeing as it has a different floor profile.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I appreciate your input and will surely have to wait and see if anymore 2dr Hoe owners have any input. Does any of the Belltech performance shocks apply to this drop?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What did the rep say the problem was, I have seen several of them notched, and our old burb was notched and it has a similar rear frame to a 2DR?

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The guy really never told me what the problems would be. He just went on about how I wasn't going to like about the drop suspension and how it would ride afterwards. Never did he tell me what those issues would be. I have be on this forum left and rite trying to figure out what those issues would be, but nobody posts the problems just results. I gues I would have to bite the bullet and just take the plunge on doing the drop. I just don't want cut a notch on the Hoe and regret it later. I might just do the helper bags with some good shocks for now. What's bad is that this guy works for DJM and he wouldn't give me an alternative.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I appreciate your input and will surely have to wait and see if anymore 2dr Hoe owners have any input. Does any of the Belltech performance shocks apply to this drop?

Exactly what I used on my truck with the 4/6 drop. They should be the same. The # stamped on the rear shocks is; S2212 002. They're called 'Bellltech Street Performance'. Can't see the numbers on the fronts, but this # should get you in the ballpark for them.
I've had the Doestch's & Nitro Drop Slammers, & the DJM's,(which are probably made by Doestch) & none were what I was looking for, as far as the ride quality.
I lowered my truck for the handling improvement as opposed to the appearance thing.
Found some pix of lowered Tahoes

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck rides better dropped then stock.. i just think you got a dumba*s thats over paid.. i say go for it drop it..

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
My 2 dr dropped 4/4 and a c-notch rides fine , I have drop leafs and shackles out back with springs and spindles and the aforementioned Belltech shocks all the way around .Its a little stiff but no worst than my ecsb dropped 4/6 ,

Hollywoodb6

Reaction score
I have over 140,000 miles trouble free on my 4/6 dropped 2dr. I have the beltech flip without a c-notched frame. I also have the helper bags though. Just find the right psi for your daily load. Add air with more lbs.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you all for the info. It's better when you hear it from people who have done these mods rather than people who are just paid to sell it. I'm looking to piece together a 4/6 drop, so if anybody out there knows where I can get one cheap please let me know. I'm thinking of going with DJM or McG's up front and a Belltech in the rear. What do you all think?