2DR TAHOE OWNERS( DJM FLIPKIT & C-NOTCH )

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

delock

Reaction score
Notch it...

When I got my 2dr it was already notched and axle flipped. Love the handling. I have a set of nitro drop shocks I'm installing Thursday. What wheel combo are you thinking about?

spunkmonkey

Reaction score
My 2 dr dropped 4/4 and a c-notch rides fine , I have drop leafs and shackles out back with springs and spindles and the aforementioned Belltech shocks all the way around .Its a little stiff but no worst than my ecsb dropped 4/6 ,

Do you tow with this setup at all? I just have a small 8x12' trailer with two fourwheelers (1000 lbs give or take) and wanted to do the same front and 2" hangers and 2" shackles in the rear. I was just wondering if i would need helper bags.

CUSTOM06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a couple of Harleys that we tow down to the RGV in October for a small rally, but that is it. What about using 2" lowering shackles/hangers off a 4dr? Has anybody here done this?

Reaction score
i have a 96 2dr 4wd and i was pretty content with the ride and suspension until i got in a friend of mines elcamio. he had some sway bars unter the hood and in the rear and some kind of hotchkis suspension kit. tokk me for a ride and his elco hit corners at 40mph with no problem. if i hit a corner going anything over 15 i think it will flip. i know nothing about suspension really i recent discovered the torx things and lowerd the front my self but the back sat up high and i hated it. i lifted it back up and now its uneven i feel like its titled smh:banghead:

my question is...whas the easiest way to lower my truck about an inch or so and get way better handling...i have a 385 stroker and this thing has scared me a few times. taking corners. what bushings and stuff should i chamnge? sway bars etc? heres a pic of the truck when i lowered the front with the torsion keys..i wanna be able to jack it up and do it myself with out have to weld and ****

You must be registered for see images attach

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Do you tow with this setup at all? I just have a small 8x12' trailer with two fourwheelers (1000 lbs give or take) and wanted to do the same front and 2" hangers and 2" shackles in the rear. I was just wondering if i would need helper bags.

Sorry it took me so long to reply,just saw your post , yes I do tow with mine without helper bags just fine , doesn't bottom out at all, but I don't tow a whole lot of weight but I'm sure I would be fine .

8300allday

Reaction score
you drop looks great to me and to me using the c notch kit you shouldnt have a problem due to the plates it brings but that my 2 cents, it could be a weight problem or a geoametry issue were maybe when turning the taller body intends to pivot more could end up causing the reAR TIRE from rub the body on high g'ss and cause you to lose contral