2dr 2wd tahoe lowering help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well i just picked up a 99 2dr 2wd tahoe today and its got that arse end up stance that so many of the 2wd 400s have. well i cant stand that stance. ive been looking into dropping the back end down about 2 inches to level it out with the front. i have been told by the guy i got it from that you cant just throw some 2 inch lowering shackles on it because of the fuel hose/line on the driver side. he said it would come into contact with the shackle. i have since looked and can see exactly that. he also told me that there is something online somewhere about modifying the lines so that it would clear the shackles. well i am unsure about doing this because well it is the fuel lines. and he also said that it would make it slower on filling up.

so my question is what are my options. i have really no interest in lowering the front at all but if i have to by a kit then i just might have to do it. i have looked online and beltech makes a 3.5 inch lowering spring for the rear. but im thinking that may be too low. i want to retain my factory ride quality and stay close to my factory load range. i plan to possibly pull a small boat and lawn care equipment from time to time.

here is a pic of the truck just to give yall an idea of how it sits currently.
You must be registered for see images attach

thanks for yalls help.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
http://www.mcgaughys-suspension.com...=ON&price_from=&price_to=&featured=&shipping=

4th listing down. Note that the shackle listing (#2) says NOT for 2 dr.
Due to that rear gas tank you have, the shackles will not fit. There's fuel lines & stuff in the way.
So...not having a forward mounted tank as the trucks do, you won't have to go through the B.S. it takes to mount the hangers! Yay!
Make sure that you get the pinion angle checked, though. Those hangers will mess that up. Causes funky vibrations!

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
So hangers will work on the 2dr. Will it lower my towing abilities and mess up the good ride

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
As far as payload and ride go, no hangers won't change any of it, but I'm here to tell you, those hangers are a pita to change lol

Sent from the....... Ferd

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Well maybe they won't be too bad since you don't have a gas tank to deal with... I suppose on your hoe it's just getting the rivets off and bolting new ones in

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well maybe they won't be too bad since you don't have a gas tank to deal with... I suppose on your hoe it's just getting the rivets off and bolting new ones in

Oh ok. Well that will be easy. air chisel time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
My truck with a 2/4 drop. Way overloaded! Can't see a 2" rear drop on your Tahoe affecting the towing capacity very much.
Ride quality should be as original or better. Lower CG. A rear sway bar would help even more, in addition to the drop. Especially for towing.

You must be registered for see images attach

southern_z71_92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thats definitely what i am looking for then. and i figured that it would have a sway bar but it dont. ive seen them on the tahoes before though. ill have to look into one. cause i really want something that can handle some what well. im not going out autocrossing or nothing like that but i do like to be a "driver" so to speak.

thanks for yalls help guys. i appreciate it, as i am new to the 2wd and the lowering scene.

shortchevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the easiest thing you can do is just trade me that tahoe for my ccsb and we will call it good :handshake: