2001 Silverado Keyless entry problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frisco

Reaction score
So i have a 2001 Silverado LS its got power locks windows and mirrors, its has the AU0 RPO code in the glovebox. I bought it used without a key fob about 6 months ago. I bought a new key fob from autozone which says it is compatible with the year model. I have followed the instruction in which you hold unlock and turn the key I know I am doing this right. When I do this i the locks do not cycle i just hear what sounds like relays clicking. I have also tried holding back the high beam selector which DOES cycle the locks but after I hold LOCK UNLCOK on the transmitter it still will not program to the truck. super frustrating LOL.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Your truck isn't a GMT 400, so, you may not get a lot of help on this. All of our trucks are from 1988 to 1998 body style. AKA OBS, or GMT 400.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got several GMT800s, but I've never had to reprogram the key fob. I did confirm on two of them and it does have the same AUO RPO code you mention. Is that for they fob option?

Maybe check with the guys over at performancetruck.net