2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Detent? Are you referring to how the angles are different left and right? If so, this is intentional as the driver is farther than 1 mirror than the other.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I’ve read some people were looking into modifying the stop on the post. Maybe even a couple weld beads stacked might do the trick. I w as just venting and thinking aloud if anyone has actually solved this issue.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
The factory CD player was shot, so I pulled out the old Pioneer AVIC-P4000DVD from my ZR2. When I have nothing else to buy for this thing, I’d like to get one that does CarPlay, but this works for now.

I also threw in a Uniden 520XL and a Wilson Little Wil, so I can bullshit with my camping crew on the road. We usually convoy. I’ve gotten about 4mi on a radio check, if anyone cares.

Never mind the RCAs. That’s for Phase 2 of the radio upgrades. I need some Shoe-goo or something for the top of the Double DIN trim piece. It fits like crap.
You must be registered for see images attach

Love Bandit on the DVD screen!!

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Usually have that for the road trips. Wife doesn’t much care for it, but it ends up being that or me and my buddies bullshitting on the CB.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Todays update:

I got the interior put back together, save for the backseat and kick panels. Still have wiring to do for these goddamn mirrors. The Kilmat project was worth it. Exhaust drone is way down. Gotta get out on the highway to yet, but I’m sure road noise will be down.

I worked on the mirrors over the past few rainy days. Rewired the motors for 4 wires, and split the running light / turn signal.

Today I threw on the passenger side mirror, and man what a kick in the nuts. Ended up with smoked lenses, and hated that, but decided I could live with it. They shake like crazy, the glass is distorted, and the adjustment is WAY off, and maybe worst of all, they aren’t close to level. I mean like GMT-800 bad.

I can’t even see the hips in the mirror. I’m 6’ tall and with the seat all the way back I can just catch the top of the hip in the glass.

I bought these to tow with, and I’d say they are just about unusable. I can’t imagine trying to back a trailer in, and having to lean over the center console to see anything on the passenger side. I haven’t been this disappointed in a while.

Anyone find a solution to the detent on the passenger side? How about leveling? I’m about to throw these things in the trash and get the slide ons. Almost tempted to seek out the tripod mirrors.

Here’s a couple **** pics of today’s progress:

What mirror brand did you go with?

I've been looking at the boostauto.com units which I think are "supposed" to be top of the line. But I cannot stand a mirror shake so wondering which ones you've gone with. Can't imagine going through all that just to not even be able to see the goddamn hips on the drw

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They all shake some, no way around that. The mounting area is just small on our trucks. I feel like the boost auto mirrors I got don't see around the camper and trailer as well as the GMT900 style I put on my 1500, but in all other areas the boost auto mirrors seem better. Except that left is right and right is left. At least they have a phone number and replacement parts.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
They all shake some, no way around that. The mounting area is just small on our trucks. I feel like the boost auto mirrors I got don't see around the camper and trailer as well as the GMT900 style I put on my 1500, but in all other areas the boost auto mirrors seem better. Except that left is right and right is left. At least they have a phone number and replacement parts.

Dang don't like hearing that. What do you mean the left is right and right is left on the boost k2xx mirrors?

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What mirror brand did you go with?

I've been looking at the boostauto.com units which I think are "supposed" to be top of the line. But I cannot stand a mirror shake so wondering which ones you've gone with. Can't imagine going through all that just to not even be able to see the goddamn hips on the drw

I got mine from eBay, ECCPP brand. From what I’ve read they are all the same mirror, but these are particularly bad I think. Like I said, the glass is distorted, they don’t sit level, hell they even flop around a little bit when locked in the open position. I think I could prob live with any one one of those, but the whole combo is a deal breaker for me. I might look into Dodge mirrors. Honestly, I’m at the point where I just shop around for some junkyard tripods.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I went the eBay route because the Boost Autos seemed unreasonably expensive for the same product. I’m quickly realizing that I may end up paying a lot twice in this deal.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While we are in the subject has anyone rigged up a wrench or something for the bolts? They are a ***** to get to.