2000 Crew Cab Dually “Waylon”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the paint all squared away and it’s pretty well dried up at this point.

I was going to start putting the interior back together, but it seems like as good a time as any to do some sound damping. Thinking I’ll pick up some Kilmat.

No more rust.
You must be registered for see images attach

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Really, the screw hole?

I think I’m going to actually undo the conduit and paint right up to the weather seal. There’s a lot of grime in there that needs to be cleaned up. Its going to need a little soap and water, so I wanted to get the rust covered first.

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check to make sure your elbow is on the AC drain, on the passenger side firewall!! Mine wasn't and it cost me a hole in the floorboard and a lot of wasted time. I feel like guys are constantly looking for this mysterious leak from above like I was, and it was the drain tube all along. The water will run back on the bottom side of the drain without the elbow and run right under the carpet.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. The elbow is in place, but I’m thinking I may have another issue. The foam seal around the heater core pretty much crumbled when I replaced it. I’m thinking condensate may end up leaking between the firewall and HVAC case, rather than draining properly from the elbow. Time will tell.

We are getting slammed with wind/rain today so I might go sit in the truck for a while to see if I can find the source.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When I did a heater core in the wife's Envoy I got an AC Delco and it came with new foam strips.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went poking around this afternoon, and there was a steady stream of water running down the passenger side kick panel. So, there definitely an issue somewhere in there. I wasn’t about to spend too much time looking into it with with the driving rain and 50+mph wind gusts. I don’t know if it’s the marker lights, the windshield, or something in the cowl. Looks like there will be some quality time with the garden hose in my immediate future.

Last edited:

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did a little more digging the past few days, and figured out the source of the leak. I guess it’s where they all leak, but having never been inside I didn’t understand.

I ran the hose into the cowl, and sure enough, you could see the water running to the foam seal and the foam was visibly wet.

I’ll have to scrape off the seam sealer to remove the cover, and seal that area up real well.

I’m thinking this might not have been an issue, were it not for the slope of my driveway. I think that, along with the rake of the truck, is causing the water to pool at the forward end of the cowl.

I also ordered Kilmat and some mirrors, so expect to see some progress there soon.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s been a long miserable week for my back, but I’ve mostly completed the Kilmat. I’ve got a little left on the passenger front footwell to finish up after work tonight.

I don’t have 100% coverage and it’s just going to have to do. There are a few spots near the trans tunnel and under the rear seat where there are a few gaps. The area under the center console has since been covered.

I’m sure this is going to be an improvement no matter what. Just listening to the radio while working, it sounds different inside. I’ve got maybe a half dozen sheets left, I’m going to cover what ever I can on the back of the cab.

I also got tired of looking at the empty front plate frame so I picked up a subtle plate for it. Need to find a hardware store with stainless screws. I was thinking about getting some tamper resistant torx screws for the front and rear so my **** doesn’t disappear.

JSlezak83

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Todays update:

I got the interior put back together, save for the backseat and kick panels. Still have wiring to do for these goddamn mirrors. The Kilmat project was worth it. Exhaust drone is way down. Gotta get out on the highway to yet, but I’m sure road noise will be down.

I worked on the mirrors over the past few rainy days. Rewired the motors for 4 wires, and split the running light / turn signal.

Today I threw on the passenger side mirror, and man what a kick in the nuts. Ended up with smoked lenses, and hated that, but decided I could live with it. They shake like crazy, the glass is distorted, and the adjustment is WAY off, and maybe worst of all, they aren’t close to level. I mean like GMT-800 bad.

I can’t even see the hips in the mirror. I’m 6’ tall and with the seat all the way back I can just catch the top of the hip in the glass.

I bought these to tow with, and I’d say they are just about unusable. I can’t imagine trying to back a trailer in, and having to lean over the center console to see anything on the passenger side. I haven’t been this disappointed in a while.

Anyone find a solution to the detent on the passenger side? How about leveling? I’m about to throw these things in the trash and get the slide ons. Almost tempted to seek out the tripod mirrors.

Here’s a couple **** pics of today’s progress:

Last edited: