1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Soooooo much better! I need the spacers for the rear wheels to be here now...soon.

You must be registered for see images attach

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
New Spyder glass lens headlights are in, and new TYC park/turns should be in today. I ordered a HD headlight harness from CE Auto Electric, Tony is the owner and a super stand up guy. I buy a lot of my car electrical stuff from them. I have the stuff/knowhow to build one, this is quicker, and the quality is awesome. I'll put in a diode to make it a 4HI harness when it arrives.

Started on the exhaust order today, 5"x11"x22" Magnaflow knockoff (Jones, AP Exhaust, Cherry Bomb Salute, XX2588 is the part number, find the most inexpensive and buy...they are all the same). Will be dual 2.5" in and 3" out. Waiting to hear back on a tailpipe right now, will either be 3" or 3.5" stainless and mandrel bent. For an aluminized pipe, go with the Walker 66044 from your local parts house, should be less than $40 before tax, and mandrel bent 3", works great on passenger side exits on full size GM stuff.

1st half tank of fuel was 11mpg.

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice line-up! Looking forward to more pics as you install stuff.

1st half tank of fuel was 11mpg.

That'll be about your best. ;) I have gotten around 12mpg once on a 100% highway trip, several hundred miles, no cargo except me, when I first bought my Burb in Indiana and drove it back to Illinois. Otherwise normal 70% highway /30% city commuting that I do gets me around 10mpg average. Towing my 9500# trailer is around 6.5 or 7mpg if I have a tailwind!

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice line-up! Looking forward to more pics as you install stuff.

That'll be about your best. ;) I have gotten around 12mpg once on a 100% highway trip, several hundred miles, no cargo except me, when I first bought my Burb in Indiana and drove it back to Illinois. Otherwise normal 70% highway /30% city commuting that I do gets me around 10mpg average. Towing my 9500# trailer is around 6.5 or 7mpg if I have a tailwind!

I'm not expecting 15+mpg by any means, but my MPFI 7.4l should do 12mpg highway fairly easy. Where yours is TBI, I believe the numbers.

Once I open up the factory exhaust and have the tune massaged a bit, it'll be a little (very little) more efficient and have better drivability.

Thanks for following along!

scottydl

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah yes, valid clarification. Forgot when I typed that yours is a 1999. I've wondered if opening up intake and exhaust would increase efficiency... although for a daily driver I actually prefer quieter stock exhaust and don't want anything loud.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Ah yes, valid clarification. Forgot when I typed that yours is a 1999. I've wondered if opening up intake and exhaust would increase efficiency... although for a daily driver I actually prefer quieter stock exhaust and don't want anything loud.

If I were you, keep a good clean air filter in it, add the "salad bowl," and put a better muffler on. The muffler I'm using shouldn't be much louder than stock, it will talk a bit more when your "in" the throttle, but should be quiet and drone free at cruise. Every little bit helps!