1999 GMC Suburban K2500 DD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
My harness form CE Auto Electric Supply showed up early, again. These guys are awesome! Tony also put a handwritten "thank you" on the invoice...this is also not the first time this has happened. Great company can't say enough about them!

New Spyder headlights and TYC marker/park lamps are in, and the HD harness with my own 4hi mod is installed. Basically just need a diode between the Hi and Lo beams, you want 12v to trigger from the Hi side to the low side to make all 4 come on when you hit the Hi beams.

Also pulled the grill guard off and has been put for sale with the Hella Comet 450 fog lights.

You must be registered for see images attach

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Soooooo much better! I need the spacers for the rear wheels to be here now...soon.

Good looking truck!

Ha! That's the Thriftway in Horton and you're parked at the bank, in the last picture.

PolarBear

BORKBORKBORKBORK
Reaction score
Thanks man!

You must be pretty familiar with the area...

I used to mess with a girl up there, years ago.

Also been up there more times than I can count, buying vehicles and parts from people.

I once picked up a pretty cool 1969 K10 from a guy who was (may still be) a town police officer for Horton.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
Exhaust is done, I ended up snapping 2 of the studs on the I-pipe connection. They had internal corrosion, so they weren't long for this world anyways. When I pulled the 2 pipes together to get them to slip in the muffler, the inboard one snapped, and while driving out the stud, the middle one gave loose. So, out came the cutting torch and I burned them out, destroyed what was left of the gasket...and so on. That's how all of this pretty much went.

All to find out...its great @ 67-68mph where I cruise most of the time. No drone, but at 58-63mph, around 1850-2050 rpm, its got a touch of drone...enough I don't like it. I have never had this size of a muffler drone with cat's before, so I'm a bit surprised. I'm going to give it a week or two, and hopefully get the ecu tuned during that time. A Helmholtz Resonator (j-pipe off the exhaust) would fix the issue, the problem is, I'm not sure if it would work after the muffler, and there is no room to put them before the muffler in both pipes. So I may have to regroup and figure out how to put a larger Turbo-style muffler in place...or go all in and do new exhaust from the headpipes.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
What if the j pipe had a bend in it to wrap around stuff?

I'm sure it could be made to work...technically you need them on the higher side of the exhaust to keep them from filling with moisture...at that point, if I have to drop the whole exhaust just to put in 2 j-pipes, it would be prudent to just going to redo the whole system with a 30" Super Turbo or similar.